❤54: Dadda's Princess ❤

Thank you guys, for the response in the last chapters.

So....as promised....here's the update. And a looong one too.

Target for the next update- 440 votes and 100 comments.

Till then......enjoy...

__________________________________________

Nandini's pov

Have you ever felt like you got a very precious thing, but before you cherish it, you lost it? You craved for that, your whole life. You thought that God was cruel for not giving you what you want. But you know what? God proved to be crueller. He gave you the thing you wanted. But just for a blink of and eye. Then suddenly something happened and BOOM! It vanished!

Believe me.....the feeling is terrible.....

I am feeling the same right now.

Flashback

I opened my eyes to see myself in a hospital room with IV attached to my left hand. I looked around to find Aliya and Navya sitting on the sofa and Manik sitting beside me.

" Jaan.. You feeling okay?", Manik asked with concern, running his hands in my hair. I nodded and closed my eyes to remember how I ended up here.

Flashes of me being kidnapped, then getting to know about Naveen, he trying to kill me, I shooting at his arm, Manik's entry, the fight, Naveen getting arrested, I hearing his voice.......he wanted to kill me........then I heard the sound of a gunshot.....and........SHIT!

He was shot!

He....he...Viv.....Da....Dadda was shot!

My eyes flew open with a jerk. I suddenly felt very restless. All that he confessed.....everything came back in front of my eyes.... tears fell down without my notice.

" Hey.....hey Shona. What's happened? Are you feeling pain somewhere? Is your head paining?" I could hear Manik's worried voice. Even Navya and Aliya rushed to me asking what happened, as I immediately started getting up.

" Dadda....Dadda?", I was contiously blabbering asking them what happened to him and they were trying to stop me from detaching the IV.

Being a surgeon, I know very well, the proper way of taking out the IV needle. But today, there was some unknown restlessness in me. Nothing was feeling right. I felt as if everything was once again slipping away from my hands. And I pulled away the needle so harshly that blood came out from the back of my palm.

" Shona!", Manik shouted and the three rushed to me. Manik immediately held my hand and tried to stop me. But I pushed him away and shouted at the top of my voice.

" Where is my Dadda? Where is he? Tell me. Now!", I swear I was looking very dangerous at that time, as I could see even The Manik Malhotra getting scared and backing off. " OT 2", Navya uttered meekly and that was it. I rushed out like a mad person, followed by the three.

I ran through the corridor towards OT2. Reaching there I saw my whole family sitting outside with tensed faces. Dadi was sobbing badly and Mom(Neyo) and AvuMaa were trying to console her. Niharika aunty was sitting at a corner, lifelessly. How much ever she detested him, the fact was still the same that she loved him with all her heart.

Everyone looked at me and then at my bleeding hand. Bhai, BB and Jeevi Di immediately rushed to me asking what happened.

" Where is Dadda?", I asked and everyone looked a bit surprised seeing me call him with the name I used years back. Bhai pointed towards the operation theatre and I looked at the lighted bulb.