43: Manik Behind The Bars

Inline comments are loved.

Target for next chapter 350 votes and 70 comments. Make it soon. The next parts are gonna be reallly very interesting.

Enjoy the chapter now.

________________________________________

"Manik Malhotra. The son of the leading bussinessman Mr. Raj Malhotra and the lead singer of the most popular band of India, has been arrested for trying to physically molest Ms. Soha Murthy, the daughter of Vivek Murthy. Is it his act of vengeance for what happened to his fiancee? Or is Nandini Murthy using her fiancee to take her revenge when she couldn't prove anything in court? Why...........

It was the next day of the court trial of Vivek Murthy. The whole family was gathered in the living room of Malhotra Mansion watching the news except Nandini who is discussing something with Kunal in Manik's study.

No one has till now got the idea of what Nandini has planned, but they have full faith in her and waiting patiently to see what she does. They were really shocked to see Nandu so calm after hearing the news of Manik's arrest, but that gave them the assurance that she has planned something to get Manik out of this. She had gone to meet Manik in the lockup today just after his arrest and after that she and Kunal are in his study discussing their plan.

The last day was very hectic for everyone and Manik had decided to stay in the office till late last night to complete some pending works, but they really got shocked by what happened in the morning today.

Flashback
Raj's pov

I was sleeping peacefully when I felt Neyo shaking me. I looked up at her and then glanced at the clock to see its just 5 in the morning. Why is she waking me up so early? Is there some problem? Before I could ask her anything I heard Cabir calling me knocking on the door. I immediately got up and wearing my T-shirt opened the door to find a very tensed Cabir standing there with Navya beside him rubbing his back. It seems there's something really serious. I raised my eyebrows asking him what happened and what he said snatched the floor beneath my feet.

Cabir: Dad, Vivek Murthy has come with police to our office and they are going to arrest Manik. We need to leave immediately.

" But why? What has Manik done?", I asked taking the car keys and rushing downstairs with him. Navya was following us with Neyo.

" I don't know Dad. But Varun called me and said that there's something really serious. ", he said and opened car taking the driver seat.

Asking Navya to be with Neyo, we both drove as fast as we could to reach Malhotra Heights. Thankfully the roads were all clear as it was so early in the morning. When we reached there we could hardly move in as media had surrounded the office entirely. They were just throwing their questions at us mercilessly. But we paid no heed to them. Our bodyguards surrounded us and with much difficulty we reached inside the office.

" Varun, what happened? Why is the media here? Who called them? And where's Manik?", asked Cabir to his PA who was standing there with a very tensed expression. Even Aman(Manik's PA), Neil( Manik's personal bodyguard) and some other employees were there. All were tensed.

" Sir the police came half an hour ago. They just took Manik Sir with them just a few minutes ago.", Aman said.

Shit! Damn! How could they. " But what are the charges?", I asked frustrated.

" Sir they haved booked him under charges of sexual molestation." And the floor slipped beneath me yet again. Cabir was also standing numb. How can this happen? No.. My son can't do anything like this. The respect Manik had for women, hell even I was so proud of it. He can't do anythiñg like this. No. Someone is trying to frame him.