23: Because I Love You!

All were just staring at Nandu and Manik was sitting on the floor holding her hand.

Manik: Shona. Kya hua tumhe? Baat karo na mujhse.

Nandu was silent. She was just looking at the ceiling with an expressionless face.

Yug came to her side and caressed her hairs.

Yug: Shia? Gussa hai apne Bhai se? Baat nahin karegi usse?

Still Nandu was silent. Her silence was breaking everyone. The ever chirpy Nandu had turned to a lifeless body because of them.
Navya saw the bruises and cuts on her hands and legs and gasped. She rushed to get the first aid box. She went to her and started cleaning her wound. She didnt even wince. This made all scared. Anant, Vishal and Jeevika rushed to her and held her hands. Navya immediately cleaned her wounds and started rubbing her legs. Jeevika and Anant were rubbing her hands. Manik let them do it as he didnt know anything about her attacks. Yug was shouting her name and Vishal was caressing her hairs.

Yug: Shia! Shia uth na! Uth Shia! Kyun aise chup hai! Bol na kuch! Tu gussa hai na hamse? Gusse mein gaali de hame. Uthja na. Please uth ja na mera bacha.

He was in tears by now. All were crying. Suddenly Nandu started wishpering Abhi's name. She started shivering. The wishpers turned into shouts. Nandu started shaking.

Navya: (shouting among tears) Koi bulao na Abhi ko. Jaldi!

Listening to Nandu's shouts Abhi came running to the room. He saw Nandu's condition and became frozen. Mukti who came running after him shook him to bring him out of his trance. Abhi came out of his trance and rushed to Nandu.

Abhi: (crying) Babydoll! Kya hua Baby? Batao. Bata mujhe kya hua? Maine tujhe itna hurt kiya na to thappad maar mujhe. Maarde mujhe. Kya hua tujhe. Ruk jaa. Shant babydoll shant.

Nandu suddenly stopped shaking and stared at Abhi. And suddenly thaappp!

Abhi was holding her cheeks and all gasped as Nandu slapped him.

Nandu: I hate you! I hate you! Main karti hun pyaar apni Mamma se. Bahut pyaar karti hun. Kyun bola wo tune? Haan main unse pyaar karti hun. Papa ka pyaar chahiye mujhe. Bachpan se aaj tak tum sabko apne Papa ka pyaar mila par mujhe nahin. Kyun? Itni buri hun kya main? Mamma thi pyaar karne ke liye par wo bhi chali gayi. Kyun! (She shouted with tears. All were crying and Abhi was sobbing hard nodding his head continuously in no. He was still stuck in one place. I hate you by Nandu. He was shocked. Now his babydoll hates him. He broke completely) Jisko bhi maine samjha ki ye sirf mera hai, wo hamesha mujhe chhod ke chala gaya. Pehle Papa phir Mamma phir Tu. Kyun Abhi? Itni buri hun kya main? (Suddenly she stopped and her face became blank again) Haan main hun buri. (All were shaking their heads in no. They were all shocked) Haan buri hun main. Bahut buri hun main. Main ek curse hun. Jaisa Soha ne kaha tha. Ek characterless ladki. Na main pure hun na achhi. Ek shraap hun. Haan shraap. Shra....

Thaapp...

All were shocked as Manik slapped Nandu. Nandu was holding her cheeks and crying.

Manik:(shouting) Shut up! Shut up! Kya sochti ho tum apne aapko? Kisne hak diya tumhe meri Shona ke baare mein ye sab bolne ki? Haan? Are tum is duniya ki sabse pure ladki ho. Mujhe koi fark nahin padta ki tum virgin ho ya nahin. Mujhe sirf yahi pata hai ki tumhara dil iss duniya ka sabse pure hai. Pavitra ho tum har jagah se.

Nandu:(in trance) Ye kaise bol sakte ho tum?

Manik: Kyunki main jaanta hun ki mera dil kabhi galat nahin bol sakta. Aur mera dil yahi bol raha hai ki tum iss duniya ki sabse pure ladki ho.(he walked towards her slowly. She was just staring into his chocolates orbs. They were speaking volumes today.) Tumhe kya lagta hai? Tum kuch bhi bologe apne baare mein aur mein bas sunta rahunga?(he was in tears by now) Nahin sahunga ab se ye baate. Pata hai kyun?(Nandu raised her eyebrows in tears. Manik cupped her face and looked into her big doe shaped which were looking at him questioningly) Kyunki yeh mera dil mujhse baar baar yahi keh raha hai ki tum hi meri hamdard meri humnava mera sabkuch ho. (Nandu fell on the floor and Manik took back steps and spoke loudly) Main tumse pyaar karta hun Nandini! I love you!(Nàndu had tears continuously flowing from her eyes. She was looking at Manik with all her love and longing) I love you(he said this nodding his head as if trying to make her believe in his words. All were smiling now. They knew now that Nandu will be alright. They decided to leave them alone.) (Manik walked to her and hugged her) I love you Shona. I love you.