2: The Meet

Murthy Mansion

" Anju. Navya called. They're on their way here.", said Sujoy as he walked into the living room followed by Avantika. It was their thing. Whatever may be the occassion, they all were always together. " Everything is ready Dada. Just waiting for Sarthak Bhau and Mugdha Jiji to come.", Anjali said as she went upto hug Avantika who took her in a tight hug sensing her nervousness. Nandini has always been the life of Anjali. She wanted everything to be perfect for her daughter.

" Sorry sorry we're late.", Mugdha said entering with Sarthak. Both came forward to greet the Murthys and the Bose couple before settling down. " Where are the girls?", Sarthak asked and Yug told him that they were upstairs making Nandini ready.

Soon the Malhotras arrived and were welcomed wholeheartedly by the family. Navya came forward to hug her mothers, while Sujoy took his son-in law in a tight embrace. They exchanged greetings and settled in the living room talking. The elders were talking and laughing over various things while the youngsters enjoyed themselves knowing about each others lives lately. Suddenly, Neyonika's question got their attention, " Are Anjali, where's Nandini? Bulaiye use. We're family. There has to be no formality.", she said making everyone smile. Anjali gestured Kumudh to get Nandini who nodded and went up the stairs with Manik's eyes following.

Manik had been in shock from the moment he saw their car entering the Murthy Mansion. He had not even once thought of the possibility of Nandini being the one. For God's sake he admired that girl even before meeting her once. And now knowing that he was going to meet her for marriage...he just got jitters in his stomach. He couldn't understand what he was feeling. On one side, he was sad as he never wanted their first meet to be a proposal of marriage where they would be burdened by decision making and won't be able to know each other freely. Then on the other side, he was excited to finally meet the girl who had dominated his thoughts at nights since the day he heard of her from Navya. He also had the fear of what if it didn't work? What if he had to reject her or the other way round? Would it still be the same between their families? He didn't want things to be awkward between their families at any point. He was brought out of his thoughts by Cabir who nudged him with a smirk and a teasing smile making him realise that he had been staring at the stairs all this while. " Seedhiyon ko ghurne se wo jaldi nahin aa jayegi Manik. ( She won't just appear suddenly if you keep staring at the stairs dude.)", he said making Manik look here and there in embarrassment. " Well if you want I can tell you where her room is. You know...", he trailed off making Manik pass him death galre which meant shut up which obviously had no effect on our great Cabira. He shrugged and turned back to talk to Sanchi while Manik shook his head in disbelief, going back to his own thoughts.

Here in her room Nandu was getting restless. She has still not seen who has come. She still doesnt know whom she is going to meet. And she was cursing her Dadi whose great idea was to keep it a secret from her and give her a surprise. Huh! Surprise? She'll die of stress before that! Ughhhhh!

Nandu pov

Aiyappa! What will I do now? Shit! That boy and his family are sitting downstairs and here I can't even figure out what to say when I meet them. Stupid Nandu!

But if that guy turns out to be a strict businessman who doesn't know anything other than money? How will the pair be? Gosh I can't even imagine that ridiculously boring life with him!

Or what if he is a chomu who doesn't even know how to talk to girls? No no no how will I look beside him? A combination of rasgulla with tinda? NO!

Worst case scenario... what if he is a PERVERT? Huh! Then I'll kick him out of the house. Yes! ... No No Nandini No violence. I'll do one thing. I'll tell Bhai about it. They'll kick him out. Han ye thik rahega.