7: I....I Like Her

Malhotra Mansion

Manik returned home at 8:00 pm with Cabir.They entered the house to see Raj and Neyo sitting in the living room talking about something.

Cabir: Mom, Navya a gai kya?

Neyo: Han beta wo aaj jaldi a gai thi. Apne room mein hai.

Cabir: Ok. Main freshen up hoke ata hun.

Cabir went to his room and here Manik went and sat on the floor with his head on Neyo's lap.

Neyo: (caressing his hair) Kya hua Manu? Pareshan lag raha hai?

Manik: Nahin mom. Bas tired.

Neyo: Hmmm ok. Waise aaj tu Nandu se to mila na? Baat ki usse? Kya decide kiya tune is rishte ke baare mein?

Manik: Mom, main is baare mein aapko dinner ke baad bataun? Mujhe thodasa wakt dedo sochne ke liye.

Neyo: Thik hai. Ab ja aur freshen hoja. Thak gaya hai na.

Manik nodded, got up and went to his room to freshen up. All the while he was thinking about Nandu's behaviour. Her words were still ringing in his ears.

"Shayad tumhe nahin pata par tumhari yeh awaaz kisi aur ko zinda rakh rahi hai."

"Pyar ke liye trust chahiye hota hai and I cant trust anyone"

"Past ki baatein past mein hi rahe to achhi hoti hai."

What did she mean by all these words? What is that she is hiding from him? Her pain, what is it?
Manik was pondering over all this when an idea struck him. He went out and went straight to Cavya's room. He knocked at the door. "Come in" came Navya's voice. He went in to see Cabir just coming out of the walk-in and Navya sitting on the bed checking some patient's files.

Navya: Manik ao na.

Manik went and sat in front of Navya.

Manik: Navya tumse kuch puchna tha.

Navya: ( looking up from her files to see Manik's face and then taking the pen to note something from the files in her notepad) Hmm pucho.

Manik: Nandini ka past kya hai?

Navya's actions stopped instantly. She was sitting still like a statue with a horrified expression on her face. She recovered herself soon and looked back at her files determined not to make an eyecontact with Manik or Cabir who were looking at Navya intently waiting for her to say the truth.

Navya: (trying to sound casual) Past? Kaisa past? Uske past mein usne bahut saare achievements kiye hain bas. Han school topper, uni topper thi. Aur uni mein sab pe pranks khelti thi. Aur....

Manik cut her in middle.

Manik: (sternly) Navya main uske College aur school ke achievements aur pranks ke baare mein nahin puch raha. Main uske past ke uss haadse ke baare mein puch raha hun jisne use itna hurt kiya hai ki wo kisipe trustnahin karna chahti hai. Wo sabke saamne khudko strong aur khush dikhati hai par andar se tooti hui hai. Uski aankhein...uski ankhon mein uska dard dikhta hai. Wo itni tooti hui hai ke aaj wo kisi gaane mein apna wajood dhundne ki koshish kar rahi hai. Kisi ki awaaz sunke zinda rehne ki koshish kar rahi hai. Kya hai uska gham? Wo kyun mujhe is baare mein nahin bata rahi jabki mere hi awaaz pe jii rahi hai?

Navya looked up at him shocked. Tears were now flowing from her eyes. But the thing that shocked her was how did Manik know so much about Nandu? As far as she knew Nandu she would not have told him so much. She is to such a master in bottling up her emotions that no one can ever know her real pain her real self. But this guy understood her so much in just two meetings. How? Well, this is what she wanted for her Nannu. Her little sister who has gone through so much in her life. She always wanted such a guy for her who can understand her like they do. And Manik was just the guy. Shouldnt she let him know everything about Nandu? But how can she? When it was not on her part to tell. Only Nandu has the right to let out her secrets. She cannot tell Manik anythong. No.

Cabir: (sitting beaide Navya and shaking her lightly to bring her out of her trance)Navya. Kahan kho gayi? Batao jo Manik puch raha hai?

Navya: (looking at Cabir and then at Manik) Nahin. Main tumhe kuch nahin bata sakti. Sorry.

Manik was frustrated now.

Manik: What do you mean tum kuch nahin bol sakti? Tumhe andaaza hai what allis going inside me right now? I am so confused about all the things? How can I take any decision in this state?

Seeing Manik in this state broke Navya's heart. But she cant tell anything to him. But she has to atleat give Manik some kind of an assurance.

Navya: Usne apni zindagi mein bahut kuch saha hai Manik. Par main tumhe uske baare mein sabkuch nahin bata sakti. Ye uska hak hai.

Manik: Mein uske saare dard chin lena cahta hoon. Use zindagi ki saari khushiyon se bhar dena chahta hoon jaisa mera gaana karta use heal karta hai. Uski ankhen jo bolti hai use padhna chahta hoon par wo mauka nahin deti.

Navya: Mujhe pura bharosa hai jis din wo tumhe puri tarah se apna maan legi us din tumhe wo khud hi sab kuch bata degi. Tab tak tumhe intezaar karna hoga Manik. Use apne aap par biswaas dilana hoga.

Manik looked at her with a helpless look.

Navya: Do you love her?

Navya didnt know what made her ask this but she did and Manik's eyes widened with shock?

Navya: I mean ki you are so desperate to know about her so I thought....

Manik: Mujhe nahin paata.( ho looked down in deep thoughts )

Navya decide to let go off this matter for now. Cabir tried to change the atmosphere.

Cabir: Waise leave all this and bata Nandu kaisi lagi tujhe? Shadi karni hai ya nahin? Waise nahin karni to bata do. Navya bol rahi thi ki Nandu ke liye aur bhi achhe achhe rishte aa rahe hain. Wo Rishi Sarkar ka bhi to rishta aya tha na Navu?

Navya: (taking the prank) Haan han aya tha na. And wo Rishi bhi to kitna hot and handsome hai. Aur Sarkar enterprises ka maalik bhi hai.

Cabir: Achha. To agar Manik mana karega to ham Nandu ki shadi Rishi se karwa dete hain kyun?

Manik who was till now looking at hi bhai and bhabi as if they are aliens suddenly became alert at the name of shaadi.

Manik: (suddenly shouted) Nahin.

Cavya looked at Manik shocked.

Cabir: Abbe chilla kyun raha hai? Ham ek hi room mein baithe hain.

Manik: Nandu ki shaadi Rishi se kyun hogi? Main hoon na.( he didnt realise what he had said)

Cavya's eyes widened.

Navya: Matlab tum meri Nannu se shaadi karne ke liye taiyaar ho?

Manik now realised what all he had blurted. He looked at Cabir who was looking at him with a smirk and at Navya who was looking highly excited.

Manik: ( sighed) Haan. Main is shaadi keliye taiyaar hun. I.. I...I like Nandini.

Navya squealed with happiness and hugged him. Cabir was smiling widely now. He was happy that his brother had taken the right decision.

Cabir: Ok ok to chal aur ye baat Mom Dad ko bata de. Mom to pagal ho jaeingi.

They all we t down for dinner with lots of excitement.

So this is it.

Few words for Manik.

Few words Navya's love for Nandu and her understanding.

Few words for Manvya's bond.

And at last How was the chappy?

I will be back soon.

Next part Nandu's decision.

Any guesses what is Nandu's past?

Ok guys please vote. It takes a lot of hardwork to think and write the chapter so I think I deserve your votes.

Aur haan please I need comments.
Thanks to RoseShar2 for your comments.

Ok now bye. See you soon 😊