Chapter 10: A Great Day

Y/N POV 2
You, Blue, Ink and Dream had a ball. 
"Go fish!" Ink yelled. 
Me and Dream snorted. 

"Ink! We're playing Uno!" Blue exclaimed. 

"-speaking of which, UNO!" Blue shouted. 

"Wait- I thought we were playing war?" You said. 

"Wait, war? Weren't we playing monopoly?" Dream asked.  Needless to say, that was a lovable disaster. 

One last chocolate left.  You reached for it, but ink grabbed it first. 

"Oh wow, look at this beauty." Ink said with a smirk. 

"Ink..." You said with warning in your voice. 

"What? You want it?" Ink asked. 
Then you tried snatching it from him.  Ink then stood up and dangled it over your head. 

"C'mon, take it!" Ink exclaimed still holding the chocolate barely out of your reach.  Dream giggled in the background.  You glared at him, but he still continued. 
An idea came to mind.  You snatched the pillow you were sitting on, and whacked Ink with it.  It startled him, causing him to drop the chocolate.  You gracefully caught the chocolate bar and was about to take a bite when You got whacked back. 
Karma...  you thought. 

"Oh.  It's on!" You said grabbing another pillow and throwing it at Ink, which he caught with his magic.  Stars do you wish you had some.  He threw it back at you, which you dodged and it flew right behind you, hitting Dream in the face.  He stopped laughing and grabbed that pillow, and his pillow.  He gave one to blue. 
And that's how you ended up in a pillow fight.  It lasted a good hour or two. 

Until you all had a sugar crash.  (IM ON A SUGAR CRASH-)

Sometimes you wonder how you all have such high rankings... meh oh well. 

Needless to say, the sleepover was a big success on Blue's part.  You get why he did it too.  A good stress reliever to what happened the night before.  And it worked! Blue has the best ideas. 

(Time skip cause of my lazy *bleep* )

Y/N POV 1
It's been a few months since Nightmare's last attack.  He's probably regrouping because he had lost many allies that night.  Some of us are weary because he could come back any day now...  but most of us are still trying to stay positive! I'm happy to say that I've also haven't had one of Nightmare's 'nightmares' in a while! And, tomorrow's my 18th birthday! I'm super excited, Dream gave me the day off, and we're gonna have a lot of fun.  But first things first work.  I love my job, don't get me wrong, but I'd rather eat sweets and enjoy friendship. 
I open my locket to see the familiar picture I've recognized so many times.  And the memorized quote from my dad:

"Stay Brave, Be Strong."
Oh stars, do you miss him.
I hold the locket up to my chest and close my eyes and smile.

"Love you guys." I say quietly. I then go down to my office. Did I mention I got one?
It's quite messy, it has folders and such here, unsorted file cabinets there, approval of guards here. But it's homey. It has a magic fire pit in the corner, and the fragrance from the candles makes all the difference.
I already find a cup of coffee waiting for me, with a note from Dream.

"Have a wonderful day!
-Your big bro, Dream"
I smile at the gesture and get to work. It looks like some captains have a request to switch some people. Well, Cher is a brilliant fighter, but lies low on the defense side, but Harley has both, but Cher would easily win against that... let's put her with Harley, that way they can back each other up, for I know they get along.
This is gonna be a long day.