Chapter 43: Y E E T T H E B E A N

Nightmare POV:
Y/N carried me to the library and threw me on the chair. (You dun yeeted him across the room and he landed perfectly in the chair. And yes. A high pitched screech was heard throughout the entire castle.).

"What are you doing?" I asked. I tried to scold, it came out as more of a question.
"Well originally I was gonna get revenge, but revenge isn't the answer to everything, and two, you look like you're about to have a panic attack."
Y/N responded. It's probably true. I haven't been in this form for years, it's bringing back some unpleasant memories.
"So, what are you doing?" I repeat, now curious.
Y/N doesn't respond. I look over the oversized chair curiously to see Y/N in the kitchen. I duck back down when Y/N starts heading in my direction. She places a tray of (Fave tea/drink) on the coffee table.
"Here. You look like you need it." She smiles sweetly. I look at the tea in shock.
"That was our favorite..." I mumble.
"You like this kind too?" She asks. I nod and grab one of the two cups.
"So, what's your favorite book?" She asks.
"Umm I actually like the one we were reading." I say. Nothing is coming out how I want it. I feel like the old me. It's weird, and frustrating. Nothing I can do though.
"Despite how much time I had on my hands, I still haven't finished reading it." Y/N said thoughtfully. She picked the book up off the coffee table. Me and her were now (very coincidentally and having nothing to do with plot) in the same spot in the book. I raise my eyebrow curiously as Y/N grabs the book and snuggles up right next to me.
"W-what are you doing?!" My face once again turns violet.
"Reading with you silly." Y/N giggles. She opens up the book to where we left off.

We read the book until the 20th chapter.
I notice the book fall a little. I take a glance at Y/N and notice that she fell asleep. I smile at how calm she looks. It's freezing though. I should go get us a blanket.
I tried to get up from the chair, but something held me back. I look down at Y/N to see that she had latched onto me, and was now keeping me in place. I smiled and rolled my eyes as I sat back down and used my magic to get the blanket. I'm not used to using this kind of magic.
That reminds me. When will I turn back? Last time it was a week. But then again my entire life fell apart. Maybe this time it might be a little shorter. A day maybe. I hope. I still have a kingdom to rule. Y/N snuggles me closer, making me a million more shades of violet. I smile fondly at her actions.
"..."

I cough up my usual black goo. Looks like I'm turning back.

Y/N POV

I wake up unable to move
Funk.
I open my eyes to find not only Nightmare has curled himself around me, but I'm holding onto him. My eyes widen. I'm so stupid. I also have to leave this evening. This means I have to prepare while dealing with his shenanigans.
"Good morning. Didja have fun last night?" Nightmare asked. He sounded a little angry. Probably because I embarrassed the crap out of him.
"In fact I did. Now let me up." I said. I got being held closer as a response.
So that's a no then...
"So. You think I'm 'cute'?" Nightmare said. What have I gotten myself into?...
"W-what?! No!" I protested.
"Well earlier you couldn't stop flocking me about it." Nightmare said.
"Let me go Nightmare!" I squirmed.
"Nope! This is a price you have to pay." Nightmare declared. I was now in the same place Nightmare was in last night. (666 words 😈😈😈)XD
Me and Nightmare continued to read the book we were reading last night while eating breakfast.