Chapter 22: Mind Mess

Y/N POV
I awake in my dream scape.  Finally.  But it wasn't normal.  *insert chaos* my mind was a mess.  Thanks Nightmare.  I walk around for a bit until I see a very anxious Dream. 
"Dream!" I exclaimed hugging him.
"Y-Y/N!" Dream exclaimed hugging back. 
"Umm... what happened? You haven't been dreaming, at all, for like 3 days straight!" Dream informed.  He broke the hug, placing his hands on my shoulders. 
"So that's how long it's been..."I said thoughtfully. 
"What happened.  Tell me everything." Dream said. 
"Well, Nightmare said 'he had a surprise for me' or whatever, and obviously I was skeptical.  Which I was right to be so.  See it was cool, at first, ya know, we had some stars, had a little picnic.  Then he put his tentacle on my forehead, and I had this weird vision about this other skeleton and myself, but younger.  When I snapped out of it, I got this like, horrible migraine.  Horrible.  Couldn't see, couldn't think, barely could walk.  He tried comforting me? But it didn't work cause I couldn't hear.  So Nightmare ended up knocking me out with his magic crap.  I'm assuming I was out for the 3 days you mentioned.  Cause when I woke up, I was sick.  and I also was acting... weird.  I was so sick barely could stand up." I said in one breath.  Dream looked at me weird. 
"So that explains... this." He pointed out in the background of my Dream scape.  It was a mess.  There were dinosaurs with angel wings flying around, the sun and the moon were both in the chaotic sky, and it was just genuinely hard to pick anything out at this point. 
"$h!t"
Me and Dream turned around and saw Nightmare looking around.  I pushed Dream behind a giant apple. 
"Please don't tell me she's still crazy here..." Nightmare thought aloud. 
Dream looked at me with raised skele-brows.  I just shrugged in response. 
"Y/N! You better not be crazy here too!" Nightmare called.  Me and Dream looked at each other and shrugged.  When I looked back at Nightmare he was gone. 
"Oooh stars..." I said aloud. 
"Boo." Nightmare appeared behind us.  I jumped a little making me fall, and Dream got out his bow. 
"Duuude!" I said. 
"Get out of her dream Nightmare!" Dream said. 
"Oh, but I just wanted to know if Y/N here is doing ok~" Nightmare responded.  Dream glared at Nightmare. 
"So.  I'm assuming Y/N told you everything?" Nightmare asked, ruining the tension.  Dream nods cautiously.  I stand up behind Dream listening in on the conversation. 
"Well, ya.  She's acting... weird... because she's sick.  There happy?" Nightmare begrudgingly explained. 
"Stay behind me." Dream whispered.  I nodded in response.  Nightmare noticed this, and managed to grab me with his tentacles. 
"So much for that." I told Dream.  I shrugged.  Dream looked scared. 
"So you're not in that sickly state.  Just your mind..." Nightmare examined.  Just then, a flying pig flew past our faces. 
"Ya, just wake me tf up.  If I stay here any longer, I'm gonna be acting like I am out there." I said. 
Nightmare attempted to attack Dream which he easily dodged.  Looks like I have no choice.  I teleported out of Nightmare's grasp, only to land In a tree.  Dream got to me first by teleporting, the Nightmare followed.  I jumped out of the tree with Dream. 
"Now's a good time to leave!" I yelled over a pink elephant with ice cream on it's head. 
"I'm not leaving you here!" Dream said. 
"Dream.  I'm fine." I said still running. 
"You sure?"  Dream asked. 
"Positive bro." I said. 
"Bye Dream."
"See ya."
And with that, Dream teleported out of the dream. 
"K Nightmare! What the he|| do you want!" I said slowing my run, only to trip.  I squeeze my eyes shut waiting for impact but nothing happens.  A tentacle grabbed me before I hit the ground. 
"I just wanted to see if your self conscious is acting as weird as you are in the regular world.  Well that's answered.  See ya." Nightmare said teleporting out of the dream. 
"You seriously gonna leave me here! Ugh..." I said. 
I wondered around until I woke up on the floor of the regular room. 
"FuuUuuuUu€€k" I groaned.  Everything hurt.  I didn't even bother to get up at this point.  I was cold af.  And all the blankets were on the bed. 
"Good morning princess~- oh you're not looking too hot..." Nightmare walked in. 
"FuuUuuU€k you." I whined. 
"Let's get ya back up there." Nightmare said.  He put me back on the bed, and covered me with blankets.  Then he put an ice pack on my head.
"I would ask you how you're doing, but I feel like it's kinda obvious."  Nightmare said. 
"You fu€king think?!"  I said. 
"Hungry?" Nightmare asked sitting on the edge of the bed. 
"Na, just thirsty." I replied.  Nightmare gave a look of understanding before teleporting to get me some water.  Then he came back in less than a minute with a glass of water. He gave it too me and I drank it all in one sip.
"This better not be poisoned." I mumbled. Nightmare just chuckled and left the room.