Chapter 1

7 and a half year ago
General's pov
At firehouse 51 the second shifter had arrived for there new shift or some of them had, and it was just a regular morning for a new shift.
Matt Casey and Andy Darden had arrived at the same time in different cars, they where walking on the driveway to the firehouse and behind them three of there co workers where walking up also to the firehouse.
Kelly Severide, Leslie Shay and Andy's little sister Brooklyn Darden, who also works at firehouse 51 but as a candidate on ambo 61 with Shay and Gabby Dawson.
Brooklyn was currently living with Severide and Shay since she finished at the academy to be a paramedic, but she was looking for a new place for herself. Before she lived with Severide and shay, she was living with her brother, his wife and there two children.

Casey, Severide, shay and the two Darden walked in to the locker room to get changed before the shift would get started, Brooklyn and shay was fast to get changed because they where both out in the common room before the three guys was.
Shay and Brooklyn grabbed each a cup of coffee and took a seat at the table where Dawson was sitting with both Cruz and the candidate Otis.

Brooklyn - hey Dawson!

Dawson - hey!

Shay - hey!

Brooklyn, shay and Dawson was sitting and just chatting when Connie walked in to the common room and looking over to was there, since by the time Casey, Severide and Andy was also in the common room.

Connie - Brooklyn? Chief wants to see you.

Brooklyn - okay....

She got up from her seat by the table and walked past to where both lieutenant's and her brother was sitting, she was a little nervous since she didn't know what chief wanted.
But she walked in to the bullpen to where Connie had her desk but also to where chief had his office, she walked up to his office and knocked at the open door.

Boden - Brooklyn, you can come in.

Brooklyn - should I close the door?

Boden - yes please.

She closed the door behind her and took a seat at one of the chairs in front of to where chief was sitting by his desk.

Boden - I have some good news for you.

Brooklyn - okay!

Boden - I have found a permanent place for you, it is a chief I know who would really want to have you in his firehouse.

Brooklyn - really?

Boden - yes, you have done a great job here at 51 with Dawson and shay. I even talked to them and they where only saying really good things about you.

Brooklyn - thank you chief. Which firehouse would it be?

Boden - in Los Angles.

Brooklyn - what?

Boden - it is a great opportunity for you, I wouldn't recommend this if I didn't know you could handle it.

Brooklyn - you have right about that, it's just that I will miss my family, friends and this firehouse.

Boden - I know you will, but it doesn't mean you can't come back here.

Brooklyn - you have right, I will take the spot in LA.

Boden - good Brooklyn, I will give my friend a call and then we can announce this for everyone here.

Brooklyn - thanks chief!

Boden - of course!

She was a little shocked about this news, specially leaving her home town, family and friends. But Brooklyn knew that this was her chance if she wanted to get where she wanted.
Bell Truck 81, squad 3 and ambo 61

Brooklyn's
We just arrived after our call, truck and squad was already back at the firehouse. In the ambo I had been quiet and both shay and Dawson had noticed that, but I didn't want to tell them in the ambo about me leaving and moving to LA.

Dawson and shay was sitting in the driver seat and the passenger seat, I was in the back of the ambo since there isn't place for me it's them in to front. Shay was the one drive like always and Dawson is the PIC but she isn't that big fan of driving.
Shay parked the ambo on the apparatus floor, they got both out from the a,no and so did I.

Dawson - what's up Brooke?

They usually call me Brooke, but is it something serious or important they say my full name.

Brooklyn - what?

Shay - you have been quiet since you talked to chief.

Brooklyn - it's nothing.

But i knew that they didn't believe me since they know me to well.
I have known Dawson since she and my brother have been working here at 51 and so is it with Lieutenant Casey.
I have known shay since she started to work here also and when she started at 51 Andy was already working there too.
Severide I have known since I was born, he and Andy have known each other since they went kindergarten together and they have been best friends. So for me Severide have been like a brother for me, and I'm glad to have an "extra" sibling.
Andy was 8 years old when I was born, our parents where trying to have another kid after Andy was born but it took them 8 years to have me.

Me, Dawson and shay walked in to the common room since everyone was there and so was chief, and I knew that it was time to tell them all about me leaving.
I wasn't sure about how my brother or Severide would react to this news or either shay or Dawson, but I needed to tell them since I'm probably will be leaving the end of this week or next week.

Boden - I have something to tell you all.

Herrmann - what's up chief.

Boden - this news won't be so good for the firehouse but for the person it is really good news.

I looked at the guys and they clearly didn't understand at all, and I could feel that I was shaking a little bit because I was really nervous to tell those people I have known for a long time that would be leaving.

Boden - Brooklyn have gotten a permanent spot.

All - Great job Brooke.

Andy - good job sis!

Boden - Brooklyn, do you want to say the rest?

Brooklyn - yeah.

I saw how everyone was looking at me, and specially Andy and Severide.

Andy - what's going on?

Brooklyn - the permanent spot is in a firehouse.....in Los Angles.

Severide - what?

Brooklyn - yeah.

Dawson - that is a great opportunity for you Brooke.

After I had told them about me leaving and got more information from chief about when I need to leave it was just to spend the time with everyone here at 51.
I was going to leave in just a couple of days, I had so much that I needed to do. Look for a new place, say goodbye to everyone here at 51 and my family.

But I knew this would all be good for me to leave and start a new live in another city without having my brother to lean on.