Chapter 64 (part 2)

Stella's pov
It was the next day and shift was over about two or three hours ago, I had just walked in to a apartment building with Gloria Hill. We were gonna speak to a girl that I know who is a firefighter as well and she is the firefighter they got but on a call and blamed Jason Pelham for it.

Me and Hill walked up the stairs until we reached third floor, yesterday I had tried to get a meeting with Hill even after Chief and Casey had been at headquarters yesterday to talk to her.
This was the only chance that we had to save Pelham, otherwise he won't have a job in the CFD anymore even if he is suspended.

I wasn't a big fan of Pelham at first and maybe it is because I missed to work along with Andy Darden, but I know for sure they one day Darden will be back so that I can work with him again.

We were on the right floor where Sara lives, so me and Hill walked over to the door where she has her apartment.
I knocked at the door and we waited for less then 20 seconds, then the door got opened and Sara was standing by her door and she looked confused and I little nervous to see me and Hill.

Stella - Hey, Sara. Can we come in?

She let us inside of her apartment, me and Hill followed Sara in to her kitchen and there she also had a small dinner table. The three of us took a seat at the small dinner tabs.e that Sara had in between her kitchen and living room.

Hill - How's the shoulder?

Sara - Getting much better, thanks. But that's not why you're here.

Hill - No.

Stella - Sara... you are looking at two women who have worked our way up through the CFD ranks. In D.C. Hill's case, all the way to the top.

Sara was looking at Hill's for a second but turned her tension back to me.

Stella - So we know all the challenges and double standards that come at female firefighters. It's one of the reasons I started Girls on fire.

Hill - It can feel like the deck is always stacked against you. Make you scared to stick your neck out. But we had to decide early in our careers what kind of firefighter we were going to be. That's where you are now.

I was looking at Sara for a few seconds and then I was looking at Hill's when she was talking.

Hill - Are you going to be a woman of principle, willing to fight some tough battles to prove your strength and your worth? Or are you going to keep your head down, avoid conflict, and let yourself get pushed around? Because once you go down that road, there's no going back.

I really hope that this will help Pelham, if it doesn't help then I don't know what can help in his situation. The way that Casey and Severide had been sticking out for Pelham, it had made me realize that he wasn't a bad guy and that he just wanted what's best for everyone.

General's pov
It was in the evening the same day some of the guys from the firehouse was at Molly's and they were having fun there since they wasn't at the gala so they wheee having there own party.
Violet had helped Gallo and Ritter to plan out the party at Molly's, which both Brooke and Mouch had let them to do.

The plans got changed and violet got invited to the gala because of a call that happened when Brooke was in Portland and chief Hawkins had to be her partner. Hawkins had seen something out on one of the calls, so she was gonna get something for that and rust why she also got invited to the gala.