Chapter 47

Brooklyn's pov
It was around three weeks later and today I would be back at the firehouse for another shift after I have had two days off as a paramedic but I have been working at Molly's for two straight nights which has been fun and it gets me to think about something else that doesn't have to do with my job as a paramedic.
I had parked my car a minute ago and I walked out of my car with my bag on my shoulder and I saw Andy stepping out alone from his car and it seemed like he had just gotten here as well.

I walked over to my brother who was heading to the firehouse as well as me, Andy saw me and gave me a smile before I was walking beside him. There was one thing that I noticed that didn't seemed right and that was my partner on ambo wasn't with Andy.

Brooklyn - Hey! where is my sister-in-law?

Andy - she is home sick.

Brooklyn - that's too bad, I hope that I don't get Diggins or someone like him as my partner for this shift.

Andy - who knows, maybe you will get lucky.

All I could hope for is that I would get a partner for this shift that I can work with, maybe I even would be lucky to be working with Stella but that never happens.

Andy and I headed inside to the firehouse and we went immediately to the locker room so that we could put away our bags inside of our lockers.
As Andy and I was in the locker room and putting our things away I saw Kylie walking in to the locker room.

Kylie - Hey, Brooke! Chief wants to see you.

Brooklyn - thanks, Kylie!

I left Andy alone in the locker room and I headed to the bullpen so that I could talk to Chief since he wanted to see me.
I walked in to the bullpen and I saw chief inside of his office with someone else in there, I didn't see who it was but I walked up to chiefs office.
Before I walked in to chiefs office I knocked on the glass to his office, he saw me and I saw who the other person was.

Boden - come on in, Brooklyn!

Brooklyn - you wanted to see me.

Boden - yeah, as you know Brett is sick and I needed to find a replacement. So you will be working with Violet.

She was the one in chiefs office and I knew her because of the problems with firehouse 20 and isn't in close to Gallo I have heard about her as well. I didn't have any problems with Violet, i just didn't know her and that's why I didn't have any bad things to say about her.

Boden - We appreciate you stepping in while Brett is home and sick.

Brooklyn - I'm really glad Chief Kehoe let you swap out a shift.

Boden told me what was going on when I walked inside and when Violet was there as well, so I knew that they let Violet to swap out a shift.

Violet - It's good to be back at 51.

Boden - Well, my door's open. Most of the time. So just let me know if there's anything that you need.

Violet - Will do, Chief, thank you.

Boden - Welcome.

I had told chief about a few month ago if Brett would be sick or anything and I needed to work with someone else I wanted to work with Violet. So I was really happy that chief remembered that, I was happy that I will work with Violet for this shift.

Violet and I walked out of chiefs office, and I knew todays shift would be a good one but I was a little concerned about Brett since she is never sick  so I was thinking about asking Andy about it or even call Brett to see how she was feeling.