Chapter 3

Brooklyn's pov
I had just left my apartment and I was on my way to the firehouse for a new shift today, and it would be my second shift back in Chicago.
For the two days that I have had off, I was just home in my apartment. I didn't go to Molly's or hanging out with my brother or any of the guys from the firehouse. I just wanted to be home and fix in the apartment since I have been in a Chicago for around one week.

I had just parked my car out on the street outside of the firehouse, I got out from my car and went to the back seat to grab my bag.
I walked up to the firehouse with my bag on my shoulder.
When I walked in on the apparatus floor I saw Capp and Tony sitting by the squad table, so I just passed by them and went to the locker room.

When I walked in to the locker room I saw Casey standing by his locker, he and I haven't really talked to each other.
All I remember was that he and I was good friends, but I don't really know what to say to him since after everything with him and Gabby.
I walked over to my locker to put my bag there since I already was changed, and I don't really think that Casey noticed that I walked in since he didn't say a word at first.

Casey - hey, I didn't see you there.

Brooklyn - hey.

I was fast to put my bag away and leave the locker room to just get out of there and grab a cup of coffee in the common room.

When I got to the common room, Severide, Brett, Andy and the rest of the guys from truck and cruz was there.
I went to the coffee machine and grabbed a cup and pure some coffee in to my cup, but as I was staring there Chief walked in to the common room and walked towards me.

Boden - good morning, Brooklyn!

Brooklyn - good morning Chief!

Boden - I don't get a chance to speak with you last shift. But how was your first shift back here?

Brooklyn - it was good, I'm really glad to be back here.

Boden - I'm glad to hear that.

I gave Chief a smile and I walked over to the table where some of the guys where sitting at, and Chief grabbed also a cup to coffee but he left the common room right after he had taken a cup of coffee.

After a little while after shift had started and I was talking to Stella and Brett, so I could get a chance to know them.
But as I was talking to them and of course Andy and Severide wanted to be a part of our conversation, but Casey walked in to the common room and he walked over to where we where sitting and he came to my side.

Casey - Brooke, can I talk o you for a minute?

Brooklyn - sure.

He and I walked out of the common room and walked over to the tower.

Brooklyn - what's up?

And of course Casey never got a chance to tell me or even ask me, because of the bell.
Bell engine 51, truck 81, squad 3, Ambo 61 and battalion 25.

Casey - talk later?

Brooklyn - sure.

We both and everyone else left and got out on the apparatus floor to leave and get to the scene that we got call out.

General's pov
They all arrive to the scene, but they weren't the only one. Firefighters and paramedics from other houses had also arrived to the scene and everyone would need to work.

Chief Boden gave each other to engine 51, truck 81 and squad 3. Brooklyn and Brett was looking up at the apartment building that was on fire, and they knew that they would also have to get to work as fast as a victim comes out.