Chapter 20

General's pov
A week later have passed the second shift was at the firehouse for a new shift.
The shift had started and most of the guys was outside and cleaning the rigs, even Brooke and Brett was helping engine.

Severide was sitting in his quarters and looking through the case files that he had on his bed, Stella walked in there because she wanted to help Severide with it.
For the past few weeks Stella and Severide have gotten closer to each other which have been good for them both.

Most of the squad and truck guys was outside helping with the rigs, but all of the engine guys was outside.
Ritter had just been on the apparatus floor and was walking outside, he walked passed Capp who was standing outside.

Ritter - Capp. Your shirt is backwards.

He looked down on his shirt to see if Ritter was right, but all of that is because neither of the other guys would have said it without making fun of him.

Capp - thanks.

Ritter and Capp wasn't the only one who heard this, because Herrmann hear it and he wasn't so pleased about it.

Herrmann - wait a damn, Ritter.

Ritter - what?

He didn't know what was going on now, since Ritter have just been working at the firehouse for a few month and he haven't really learned how the guys are to each other.

Herrmann - you have an opportunity to make fun of him, but you missed it. Are you telling me that Capp is so stupid to wear his shirt backwards and your not making fun of him. Is there something wrong with you?

Ritter didn't thought that all of this was a big thing since he was just being friendly.

Herrmann - Mouch, help me out here.

Mouch - the situation needs insults. You can't let Capp coming out of the hook because you two are friends.

Ritter - yeah...but....

And they got interrupted when a car drove right in to the mound that is out in the start of the driveway to the firehouse. Everyone saw the car crash and heard the sound of it. Casey was outside by the time that the car crashed, so he started to get orders to all of the guys.

Casey - get the props!

Someone of the guys went to get what Casey said that they needed, so in the meantime Casey went to check with the driver. So he opened the car door for the driver, and that's when Casey got shocked because there was a child sitting there.

Boy - my mom is about to have a baby.

And thats when Casey saw in the backseat that a pregnant woman was sitting and he understood that she was in labor.

Boy - she said that I needed to drive to the nearest firehouse.

Casey took over and turned the car off and took out the keys that was in it, they had two jobs to do know. Get the boy out of the car and see if he was okay, and to see how far the pregnant woman is in the labor.

Casey - good job! What's your name?

Jaded Casey the boy who could be around 8-9 years old.

Boy - Cory.

Brooke and Brett was sit side of the firehouse when the car crashed, but Brooke was now out and stood by the car where the pregnant woman was.

Casey - are you hurt?

Cory - my head.

He said and took his hands on his forehead, but it wasn't weird or anything that Cory had hurt his head a little because of the crash.
Otis was standing next to Casey when he was talking to Cory, and that's when Casey said something g to Otis.