Chapter 26

General's pov
Two days had passed and today it was a new day and a new shift for the guys who works on the second shift.
Cruz and Brett had just been in the locker room and shift had started, Cruz hadn't really seen anyone from the firehouse when he came.
Cruz and Brett was walking towards the common room the two of them was talking, and specially about the engagement between Cruz and Chloe.

Brett - so you haven't told anyone about it?

Cruz - No, it is just you and Brooke who knows about it. Or at least not yet, after what happened with the engagement I just don't want to say and jinx it. It's better to just keep it out from the drama, or at least for now.

Brett - so then I shouldn't tell anyone?

The two of them had walked it the common room and they just stepped in, Cruz was looking at Brett as they where talking.

Cruz - no, thank you.

He turned his head back to everyone that was in the common room.

Mouch - here is the groom to be!

Everyone started clap and cheer, Brett had told everyone that Cruz and Chloe was engaged and they all were really happy for him.
The guys got up from where they were sitting and walked towards Cruz to congratulate him and give him a hug.

Mouch was the one to give Cruz a hug first and then Casey came to congratulate him and give him a hug.

Casey - congrats, Cruz. I'm really happy for you!

Herrmann walked over to Cruz and gave him a hug also, and said a comment about the engagement so the guys started to laugh a little.

Herrmann - the last meal as a free man! Haha!

Cruz looked at Brett who was standing behind him, Brooke, Andy and Casey was standing around Cruz by now.

Cruz - you literally told everyone?

Brett just looked at Cruz with a innocent face expression.

Brooklyn - I told you to not tell Brett, if you wanted to keep it as a secret.

Brett - what can I say, I'm bad at keeping secrets.

The rest of the guys came over to congratulate and give Cruz a hug before the rest of the guys went back to normal.
But there was something that Cruz noticed and that was about Severide, he seemed pretty off when he congratulate Cruz without a hug. Severide went out on the apparatus floor after he had congrats Cruz.

The guys went back to normal, Casey walked over to the kitchen island where Gallo was standing and making pancakes.

Casey - pancakes, huh?

Gallo - not just regular pancakes, I have a secret ingredient.

Casey - what?

He lifted up a beer bottle and Casey just looked at him, Casey have never heard about having beer in pancakes.

Gallo - beer! It will blow your mind.

Casey - I hope so. It better be good.

He went back to the table where some of the guys where sitting, the girls where sitting at the table together.
Brooke was reading a paper and the other two women was sitting with there coffee before Brooke spoke up.

Brooklyn - listen, there is a firehouse in California that has a woman's lounge.

Some of the other guys was listening to what Brooke was saying.

Herrmann - what?

Brooklyn - what started as a space for breastfeeding mothers ave transformed to a room for female firefighters. Where they can relax, with calming lighting, music and comfortable couches.