Chapter 63 (part 1)

General's pov
A couple of weeks had passed and a few things had happened around the firehouse and around the firefighters and paramedics, Brooke was back at the firehouse after she had been in Portland for a few days.
Things was getting better between Severide and Stella, they had solved the issue tent they had between each other and things seemed to be good between the couple.

A problem had happened for one of the firefighters on truck 81, someone from another firehouse have blamed Pelham for getting a fellow firefighter injured. It was  something that had happened during a call from last shift,  which was two days ago.
Casey and Severide are on Pelham's side like the rest of the firehouse, but Pelham have gotten suspended. Chief are on Pelham's side as well  and he have been trying to talk to Gloria Hill about another chief who Boden thinks are the reason why Pelham got blamed for nothing.

Today it was a new shift and it was after 6am in the morning, at the Herrmann's house everyone was awake and it was loud in the house.
LeeHenry and Luke was already fighting in the morning which they have been doing slot recently, Cindy doesn't say so much since they are brothers and they do love each other even if they are fighting.

Cindy - Hurry up, kids.

Herrmann - Okay, all right, I, oh... watch out.

He walks in to the kitchen and it is chaos everyone, which it is every morning when you have 5 kids.

LeeHenry - Hey, you aren't the only one who eats cereal.

Luke - Shouldn't you be buying your own milk? I'll use as much as I want.

LeeHenry - Oh, so it's Luke Herrmann's world, and we're all just living in it.

Luke - Better than living in our parents' garage.

LeeHenry - Above the garage.

Cindy - Enough!

The two brothers leaves the kitchen and they both are heading in separate ways, Cindy and Herrmann are looking at each other and giving each other a look.
Herrmann is standing right in front of the couch where Kenny are sitting, he is the youngest kid in the family.

Herrmann - Hey, you're not allowed to grow up, okay?

He tells Kenny and Herrmann picked a book up from the floor and he places it on Kenny's head. Both Cindy and Herrmann are smiling.

Herrmann - There! That's to keep you the same size.

Anew shift would start today but Herrmann wouldn't be at the firehouse for the new shift, he would be at the academy as an instructor.

About four hours had passed and shift had started little over two hours ago, everyone had already been out on a call.
Casey had decided for this shift that Stella would be acting as a lieutenant so that meant that Casey would take a step back for this shift and Stella would be in charge.
Casey had a few things that he needed to do during this shift and that is a reason why Stella is the lieutenant for this shift, but Casey would still be around at the firehouse and be out on calls.
Chief and Casey would try to get a meeting with Gloria Hill at the headquarters, they really wanted to try and help Pelham when there is a chance that he can lose his job in the CFD.

Mooch walked in to the common room and most of the guys was there and just relaxing and drinking some coffee.
Violet and Brooke was sitting at the small table in the common room and they where drinking some coffee and looking at Brooke's laptop.

Mouch - Well, the gala is officers only this year.

Ritter - I forgot all about the CFD gala.

Mouch - First year since COVID, and they cut out the working stiffs and the regular Joes. Have to keep the numbers down because of restrictions.