Chapter 46

Brett's pov
It was a couple of days later and I was back at the firehouse for a new shift today, but the shift had just started and I was in the hallway of the firehouse.
Today I would have a new partner and I was gonna be the PIC for this shift, Brooke wouldn't be here because she was gonna be at the EMT to teach out new future paramedics and all because a teacher was sick today.

I was gonna walk in to the common room when Casey was walking out of there but he stopped when he saw me, Casey and i we don't talk so much but I don't do that with Severide either and it has nothing to do with that I don't like them because I do see them as family like I do with the rest of the guys.

Casey - hey! Where is Brooke?

Brett - she is at the EMT academy.

Casey - why?

Brett - the teacher got sick and chief asked her yesterday if she could take over the classes for today, and apparently a chief at headquarters had heard about Brooke and wanted her there.

Casey - okay, the good thing is that you will be the PIC at least.

Brett - yeah.

He left and I was gonna walk in to the common room when I saw who my partner would be and I wasn't happy about it at all, Cruz was near me and he knew that I wasn't happy about my new partner for now but everyone else knew that as well.

Brett - No one warned me. You need to be warned to work with Diggins.

Cruz - He is a nightmare.

Brett - Last time he rode with me, he kept the window down the whole time so he could scream at other drivers. We didn't even have the sirens on.

Cruz - Ugh. Well, good luck with that.

This was really a nightmare, I hope this shift will pass really fast so that I can get Brooke back as my partner so that I don't need to deal with this.
I walked inside of the the common room and my new partner saw me and I just had to put on a smile on my face even if I wasn't happy to see him at all.

Brett - Diggins.

Diggins - And a lovely day to you, Brett. I was just telling Herrmann here how much I dig reporting for duty at Firehouse . It's the dot in the "I" of Chicago.

Brett - Hm. What does that...

Diggins - And one of my favorite parts about it is working with you, Brett.

He isn't usually like this at all, Herrmann was walking beside us to walk out of the common room and before he passed us he said this.

Herrmann - Um, this is getting weird.

Diggins - I just want you to know...

I was so happy that I got saved by the bell, but the bell wouldn't help me to get away from Diggins since I will be next to him in the ambo.
Bell Truck 81 and Ambo 61

General's pov
It was a couple of hours ago since shift started and there has already been an accident on the first call today, and this time it had to do with Matt Casey. He hurt his head but he says to everyone that he is fine, but since the truck came back from there call he have been in his quarters and just laying down on his bed.

Severide was walking in the bunker room and he saw the door to Casey's quarters was open so he walked up to the door and knocked at it before he took a step in, Severide saw that Casey was laying down on his bed but he got up to sit on it when he saw Severide and he noticed that Casey didn't look fine and he had heard bout what happened out during truck's call.

Severide - You all right?

Casey - Just waiting for some aspirin to kick in. What's up?

Severide - You know anything about the delivery Stella ordered for the apartment?