Chapter 38

Brooklyn's pov
Less then a week has passed since what happened at the firehouse and as well after Cruz and Chloe's wedding. Most of the things seemed going back to normal and what I know now there isn't going to be a lot of things, only thing g that I need to think about it me, my family and my firehouse family as well now.

Today it was a new shift and today I arrived to the firehouse alone since Cruz and I aren't roommate's anymore, and I'm living alone in the apartment that Cruz and I was sharing but he still pays the rent until I get my own and new apartment that I had found just two days ago.

I got out of my car and I saw that Casey and Severide had just arrived in there own cars, so I walked up to the guys and they both saw me walking towards them.

Severide - hey!

Brooklyn - hey, guys!

Casey - hey.

The three of us was walking up to the firehouse when we saw Cruz walking up to the firehouse and towards us, I haven't seen Cruz since the wedding but I know for sure that it isn't weird and he hasn't been working on shifts either.

Brooklyn - How was the peninsula?

Cruz - Oh. Perfect.

Severide - I saw your furlough request for June.

Cruz - Yeah, I was hoping that maybe...

Severide - Approved.

Cruz - Thank you, man. I'm gonna take Chloe... Wait. I mean, I am going to take my wife to the Dominican on a real honeymoon.

Casey - She's gonna love that.

I was really happy for Cruz and I could really see that he was really happy as well, i hav en ever seen Cruz this happy before and it really does make me happy to see him the way that he is right now.
The four of us walked in to the firehouse and we where out on the apparatus floor, we saw that Capp was sitting at the squad table and he was having a bell right in front of him and it looked like u e was cleaning it but you never know with Capp what he will do with it later.

Brooklyn - Ah. What's this?

Capp - Ding-a-ling-ding. It's 51's original bell. I'm gonna get it shining again.

Severide - No. Not here.

Capp - Squad table's everyone's table. Or, I mean everyone on the squad's table.

I looked at Severide who was standing next to me and he was giving Capp a look, and a look that I have seen before.

Capp - What?

Casey - Do not bring that mess into the common room.

Me and Casey was just gonna walk inside and go to put our bags in our locker in the locker room when the bell went off, I was glad that I was already changed in to my work uniform like I always is.
Bell Truck 81, Squad 3, Engine 51, Ambulance 61

General's pov
Ambo pulled up out on the apparatus floor after they had been at Chicago med to drop of a victim after there call that they had with truck, squad and engine.
There was some trouble that happened out on the call with one of the firefighters from firehouse 51 and this time it was Capp and he was brought with another Ambo instead of 61.

Brooke and Brett jumped out of there rig and they both saw chiefs and Casey out on the apparatus floor and behind the a,Bo when the two paramedics jumped out.
The chief and and Casey was looking at Brooke specifically since they saw her first and then they saw Brett and that's only because Brett usually drives the ambo and then Brooke is the PIC.