Chapter 12

Brooklyn's pov
Shift was over and I had just gotten home after it, I wanted to get two hours sleep before I work do anything.
I talked to Kyle on my way home, and we decided that we would get out around lunch to eat and get a coffee.

I was glad that I was actually back with Kyle even if I have always said "they are ex for a reason" but me and Kyle wasn't so serious the last time and I wasn't so sure either what I wanted back then.

Little over two hours had passed now since I got home and I had slept, but now it was time for me to take a shower to wash my hair because that was the thing that I really needed to do.
But before I went to take a shower, I put some clothes in to the washing machine and they would be done the time I was out of the shower.

I had just gotten out of the shower, and it was so nice to wash my hair and feel clean. I went to dry my body and my hair a little with a towel. I did then my routine like I always do after I had taken a shower.
When I was done with all of that I got dressed, I decided that I would wear black jeans and I white  t-shirt.
I blow dried my hair before i started to curl my hair a little, and then it was time for my makeup and that was just regular, concealer and mascara.

Three hours had passed by now, Kyle and I had been out and eating lunch but we decided that we would get a coffee. So he and I walked in to a cafe, it was the first one we saw when we where outside walking around in Chicago.

After a just a few minutes it was time to order, and I got what I usually get when I'm out to get a coffee.

Brooklyn - a latte with skim milk, please.

Kyle - two of those.

And of course Kyle was really nice and payed for the two coffee and so did he with the lunch. After we had ordered and Kyle had payed for it, we went to the side and waited for our coffee.

Brooklyn - I have to ask. If you could have diner with whoever you wanted alive or dead, who would it be?

Kyle - Sankt Paulus.

Brooklyn - oh? Right.

Kyle - I'm kidding, Stephen King.

Brooklyn - serious? You never told me you are a fan of him.

Kyle - my dad had the books and I read when I was 12 years old, "Pet Sematary". And I have been addicted since then.

Brooklyn - didn't thought that.

We got our coffee's now and was on our way to leave the cafe.

Kyle - stick around with me and you will find out so more.

I was looking outside of the window when we where on our way out and I saw a sign for a open house, and I had that idea that I could look at it for Casey.
I turned around to look at Kyle and he probably remembered the face that I was making right now what It meant.

Brooklyn - I have an idea, are you up for a detour?

He just looked at me and had a smile, because we both knew he couldn't say no.
And with that we left and went to the place for a open house.

After a little while me and Kyle arrived at the open house so we could check the place out even if he didn't know why I wanted to look at it.
We walked in to the apartment and I saw a woman there who probably was the realtor, and she heard when Kyle and I walked in there.

Woman - hello! Welcome.

Brooklyn - we are just looking.

Woman - of course. Make yourself at home, have a cookie.

She said and pointed to the plate with some homemade cookies that was on the kitchen island