Chapter 49

General's pov
It was a couple of days later and it was Friday which meant that Casey had his appointment that he was already on by now since shift was over an hour ago. Brooke was with Casey but she was sitting out in the waiting room and waiting for Casey to be done, but he was in the doctors office and talking to the doctor about the head injury.

Doctor - All right, now just follow my finger.

Casey did as the doctor told him to do.

Doctor - Great. And can you discuss with me the vision issues that you're having?

Casey - Yeah, it was basically tunnel vision. Everything looked kind of dark and fuzzy around the edges.

Doctor - Okay, I'm gonna do a strength test, now.

Brooke who was sitting in the waiting room was nervous, she was just nervous for Casey. Brooke knew how much Casey loves to work as a firefighter and she knows that if she was in his situation she would be scared as well if she needed to stop working.

In the meantime in the doctors room with Casey.

Doctor - I just want you to push out towards me, with your right hand, extending your elbow.

Casey did as the doctor told him to do.

Doctor - Great. Now, same thing with the left.

Brooke had been waiting for Casey for over 30 minutes now, she was looking at the door where she had seen Casey walking inside.
A few minutes later she saw there door got open and Casey came walking through it, she got up from where she was sitting and walked towards Casey who came walking towards her also.

Casey - I need to get an MRI. He said it's possible the repeat trauma has left behind permanent damage.

They started to walk and Casey was explaining for Brooke about what the doctor had told him.

Casey - It could be I'm having temporal lobe seizures.

Brooklyn - Well, what would that mean?

Casey - They can get progressively worse, turn into full body seizures. I'd have to quit the CFD, obviously.

Brooklyn - Hey, Matt, slow down.

Before he even got to the elevator Brooke stopped him by taking a grip on his arm and he stopped walking when he felt the grip.

Brooklyn - He said it was possible, not that it was certain, right?

Casey - Right.

Brooklyn - So, we don't know anything yet. We'll get the MRI and go from there. It's gonna be okay, no matter what, we'll figure it out.

Casey was glad to have Brooke by his side now when this is going on, because of Brooke he did have some faith will all of this now.

***
Casey's pov
It was two days later and I was at the firehouse for a new shift and I was gonna tell chief today about what has happened to me and about the head injury, I knew chief wouldn't be happy that I haven't said a word about it earlier.

Shift would start in a couple of minutes and I was sitting in chiefs office and Severide was there as well, I was telling them about the injury. I haven't been talking to Severide about this before and the only one who knew about it was Brooke and Gallo knew some of the truth.

Casey - It could be nothing. We'll know more after these tests on Wednesday, but for the next couple of shifts, it's better if I don't see any action.

I saw the look on chiefs face and I knew he wasn't so pleased to hear about this and how I have been hiding it.