Chapter 24

Brooklyn's pov
Two days had passed and today I would be back at 51 for my first shift back. I was really happy to be back here, even if it was hurting that I just left and broke off the engagement with Kyle.
When I woke up at my new place that I share with Joe Cruz now, and I noticed that he had already left the place and without saying anything.
Yesterday Andy came with my car that I had at his place which I left here in Chicago when I was moving to Fowlerton, but I was glad to still have my car.

I was ready for my shift and had just parked my car out on the street, I got out from it and took my bag that I had in my passenger seat.
I started to walk up to the firehouse and I didn't see anyone there at first.
And when I walked in on the apparatus floor I saw Herrmann talking to three people that wasn't working for 51, it looked like they where coming from a company and that they were fixing with something at the firehouse. There was stuff everywhere out on the side of the apparatus floor, I was listening to Herrmann who was now listening to this people who was working for the company.

I saw them that Herrmann was walking inside to the firehouse and it seemed like that he didn't even notice that I was out there.

Brooklyn - Herrmann!

He didn't even hear me, so I started to walk towards the door that lead inside to the firehouse. When I walked in there I didn't even see any of the guys, so I walked to the locker room so that I could put my bag away in my locker.
When I got in to the locker room no one was there, I noticed that I would have the same locker that I had before because my name tag was on the locker that I had before. I put my bag away and then left the locker room, so that I could go to the common room.

I walked in to the common room and the first thing I see is Mouch sitting on the couch asleep, but to be honest I was glad to see him there. I looked around in the common room and that's when I looked at the widows to the briefing room and I saw a head sticking up and then down. So I knew that something was going on, I walked further in to the common room.

And that's when I saw Stella coming out of the briefing room and the rest of the guys had been honing and they jumped out of there hiding place.

Everyone - surprise!

The guys starry dot walk towards me, Brett was the first one that came up to me.

Brett - you should have  seen your face!

She gave me a hug, and that's is when I really know that I have missed the guys around here.

Brooklyn - you guys are horrible.

And then I saw chief walking in to the common room and it seemed like that he had been in the briefing room.

Boden - i thought just a simple welcome home would be fine, but no.

Stella was the next one to give me a hug, which you can't say no to.

Mouch - the donuts was my idea.

Severide and Andy came up to me and gave me a hug, the next person was Cruz who came up to me and gave me a hug.

Cruz - I'm glad to have you back, I have missed you.

Brooklyn - says the guy who saw me yesterday and who I share a place with right now.

Ritter then walked towards me with his dog Tuesday who also is the sweetest dog ever.

Brooklyn - hey, Tuesday.

I got down on my knees and started to stroke my hand on her head and Tuesday seemed happy to see me.

Ritter - she have missed you too.

Brooklyn - you are the sweetest dog ever.

I then saw Casey walking in to the common room and he was having a big smile on his face when he looked at me. He didn't have that big smile when he saw me two days ago when I just showed up at the firehouse without them knowing about it.