Chapter 36

Brett's pov
Two weeks had passed which also means that it was two weeks since me and Andy got married, that day when I got married was the best day in my life I could never imagine the way that I was feeling that day. Today it was a new shift and I was home, I was actually sitting in the kitchen with my birth mother that has been with us for two days.

I didn't want Julie to be alone in her new home in Chicago when her boyfriend who also is the father of the child that Julie is caring was in Rockford now and getting ready with the old house and is old job.
It was nice to have Julie here, it got a chance for me an Andy to get to know her even more which I liked and I hope that she likes that too.

Julie and I was sitting in the kitchen and talking, I knew that Andy and I needed to leave soon because of the shift that we would have today. I got a couple of minutes left to talk with Julie and just be around her now since I have a 24 hour shift.
Me and Julie wasn't just talking, I was actually helping her with some things that she wanted my input on when it comes to the baby's nursery and of course I was glad to help her with that.

Brett - I like the yellow. It's so warm and sunny for a nursery.

Julie - Yeah, but which yellow, saffron ivory or magnolia summer bloom?

Brett - Oh, definitely saffron ivory.

Julie - yeah.

Andy walked in to the kitchen and he was almost ready, the only thing that he had left to do before we leave is to take on some shoes and a jacket and so did I,

Julie - Oh, I wanted to ask you guys. So Scott gets here on Friday with the rest of our things, and I thought we'd celebrate the move to Chicago with a dinner out. Any suggestions?

I have never meet Scott and it feels like that I won't do it either, Julie has never brought it up about me meting Scott and I don't know why.

Andy - I'd do Gibsons, best steak in the city, and that's saying something.

Brett - There's also Swift & Sons. I love that place.

Andy - oh, we need to hit the road now, otherwise we will be late for our shift and chief won't be happy about it.

Me and Julie got up from the kitchen table and we walked out of the kitchen, I was almost ready to leave the house and be at the firehouse for a new shift.

General's pov
A couple of hours had past since the shift started at firehouse 51, truck, squad and engine have been away since the shift started and it was now almost lunchtime. All those hours that truck, squad and engine has been away is because of one call.
Ambo 61 has been away for three hours and that is because they got a couple of different calls, but Brooke and Brett was out on the apparatus floor by the ambo.

Brett - my parents was really glad that they got to meet Julie.

Brooklyn -that's great to hear.

Brett - yeah, I'm just glad that they are supporting.

Brooklyn - that's all that matters Ben it comes to family.

Brett - yeah, it really is.

Brooklyn - Andy told me about the morning with Julie, it seemed like you got a little quiet when Julie left this morning.

Brett - did I?

Brooklyn - I don't know, it's just what he told me.

Brett - I guess... we've been having so much fun together. I'm just not sure what's gonna happen once Scott gets here and the baby comes. I'm not sure how I fit in, you know?