Chapter 2

Present
General's pov
New week, new day and new shift. Most of the guys had arrived but the shift wasn't going to start in 15 minutes, chief had send them all a text that when shift started that he wanted to have a meeting in the briefing room.
Severide was starting outside with a cup of coffee in his hand as he was just looking out on the street, and as he was steaming there in his own thoughts. Stella came right up behind him and had her arms around him.

Severide - what are you doing?

Stella - just trying to distract you...while I'm trying to steal your coffee.

She tried to reach for his cup in his hand as he just moved his arms away from her.

Severide - failed.

Both Severide and Stella was looking out on the street when they saw Casey getting out from his truck, there had been a few things that had happened to Casey through the years.
Casey's ex fiancé Hallie died around 7 years ago, he and Dawson started to date. They got engaged, broke up, got married and now a divorce since Dawson left Chicago.

Stella - how is he doing?

Severide turned his head to Stella and gave her the look " don't know". Casey isn't so good at talking about his feelings to other even when they are best friends. He haven't even talked to Andy who have been through a divorce.

Sylvie Brett who was working on ambo 61 who was partner with Dawson, was going to get a permanent replacement for the PIC job. Since Brett have had different parents every shift since Dawson left, but chief had found someone that he knew would be a great fit.
Brett walked in to the bullpen and gave a knock to chiefs office door, before she took a step in.

Brett - you wanted to talk to me chief?

Boden - aha.

Brett walked over to chiefs desk where he was sitting.

Boden - for the past few month you have poked every partner you have had.

Brett - I don't know if I would say "poked" but I just want to have a partner that feels right and specially a PIC.

Boden - and that's why I have some news for you Brett. I have found someone who will take over the job as PIC here on ambo 61, permanent.

Brett - you have?

Boden - yeah, I will introduce you and everyone for her at the meeting in just a couple of minutes.

Brett - her?

Boden - I won't tell you more, see you at the meeting. Dismissed.

Brett took a second look at chief before she left his office and walked towards briefing room, she just walked past the common room when Andy Darden caught her attention.

Brett - hey!

Andy - hey, where have you been?

Brett - I was just talking to chief, he have found someone who will take over gabby position permanent.

Andy - that's good! Or isn't?

Brett - no, it is good. It's just that it will be hard to have a new PIC since I worked with Gabby for three years.

Andy - I know, but she will get lucky to have you as a partner.

Brett - thanks!

She gave Andy a kiss to his cheek and they both walked in to the briefing room, where couple of the guys where already.

It was time for the meeting, everyone was in the briefing room and of course they where all chatting before chief walked in. But when he walked in to the room it got just quiet, and it was time for the meeting and time to introduce the new PIC for firehouse 51.