Chapter 58

Casey's pov
It was a day later and shift was over about 45 minutes ago and I had parked my car less then 2 minutes ago outside of Brookes apartment building on the street. I was outside and I had my duffel bag on my shoulder and I walked in to the apartment building, Brooke was living on the fourth floor so I started to walk up the stairs instead of talking the elevator.

I was on the right floor where Brooke's apartment is and she was living on 4B so I was only two doors away, so I walked up to her front door and I grabbed my keys that I had in my jacket. Brooke gave me a key before she left, and most of the reason why she gave me a key to her apartment because I was gonna give her flowers some water and take in her mail.

I opened Brooke's door with my key and I could hear my girlfriend's voice when I walked inside had it sounded like that she was on her phone, I walked in to kitchen because I could hear her voice coming from that direction.
Brooke saw me when I walked in to the kitchen and she was trying to end the phone call so I just waited, and less then a minute later she wasn't on the phone and talking to someone.

Brooklyn - Hi, baby.

Casey - Hey.

She walked over it me and we shared a hug before we took a seat at her kitchen table.

Casey - How was the trip?

Brooklyn - it was good, but there is something I need to tell you.

I got a little bit worried and it was because how her voice sounded when she said her last sentence, I didn't really have any kind of clue why she was gonna tell me.

Casey - what's going on?

Brooklyn - there is a chance I will have to move to Portland in a week.

I was shocked when I heard what Brooke just told me, I didn't want her to leave Chicago but I know that there is a reason for it.
I just stayed quiet, I didn't know what to say and I just waited for her to say something about if she will be moving or not.

Brooklyn - The social worker said there's no real chance that we could ever bring Griffin and Ben here. And if Andy or me don't take their guardianship, they'll be split up, placed into separate foster homes.
They're both struggling so much already. Feeling alone, that could destroy them.

Casey - so you're leaving?

Brooklyn - I don't know, Andy was gonna talk to Sylvie and he isn't in the best place right now with the new baby on the way. If Sylvie doesn't want to leave Chicago he will stay here and I will be moving, but Andy is gonna call me when he has an answer.

Casey - how are we gonna do this? Long distance?

Brooklyn - I don't know, I don't want it to change between us.

Casey - me either.

This was a tough situation now, but if I was in Brooke's situation I would do the same thing as her. I don't want to be selfish but I really don't want my girlfriend to leave especially since it took a long time until we finally got together and I can't lose her.

***
General's pov
It was two days later and a new shift would start today at the firehouse for the second shift, something was gonna change and two people had to tell the guys at the firehouse about the change that will happen around there.

Shift had started and everyone was gathered in the briefing room because of the morning meeting that was getting started.
Andy was standing in front of everyone and Brett was sitting next to Violet, Brooke was standing behind everyone in the room against the wall with Casey and Severide next to her.

Andy Darden was gonna tell the guys that he and Brett would leave Chicago and move to Portland, Brett wasn't a big fan of leaving Chicago but she really needed to do this for Andy.
Since Andy have been away from his two children, Brett doesn't want to be in between and not to be the one to hold her husband away from his two older children.
Brooke was glad that she didn't need to leave Chicago even if she loves her two nephews, she was just glad to be staying in Chicago and to work at firehouse 51 and of course to be close to Matt Casey.