Chapter 59

General's pov
Almost three weeks had passed since Andy Darden and Sylvie Brett left Chicago and moved to Portland. Everyone at firehouse 51 has been trying to do the best they can after two members that means so much to them left Chicago and moved away.
Today at firehouse 51 there would be a new shift for the guys who works on the second shift, truck 81 would get there new member who would stay there until something else changes.
For the past three weeks since Andy left there have been different replacements on truck but they haven't been a good fit on 81, or that's what Casey, Mouch and Gallo thought.

Brooke was in her apartment and she was alone as well, she was getting ready so that she could leave in just a couple of minutes to drive to the firehouse for a new shift.
Brooke have been alone in her apartment for the past week, she and Casey have only been seeing each other on work, at Molly's or at Casey's place that he shares with Severide.

Stella hasn't coming back to Chicago and Severide have been feeling a little lonely which Casey noticed and that's why he haven't been with Brooke so much and she knew the reason as well to why Casey haven't been at her place so much or spending the time when they are off shift.

Time had passed and shift would start in less then 20 minutes, Brooke had parked her car out on the street of the firehouse.
Brooke got out of her car and she had her bag on her shoulder as she started to walk up to the firehouse, as she was walking up to the firehouse she saw both Severide and Casey walking up to the firehouse as well and they all lost have arrived at the same time.

Severide/Casey - hey!

Brooklyn - hey, guys.

The three of them walked up to the firehouse and the guys on squad was sitting by there table and the truck guys was standing by there rig and already working a little bit on the truck.
Mouch saw when Severide, Casey and Brooke was walking on the apparatus floor and they was gonna start walking to the doors that leads inside of the firehouse.

Mouch - captain, chief wants to see you in his office.

Casey - thanks, Mouch.

The good thing is that Casey was already changed to his work uniform like both Severide and Brooke was, Casey handed his bag to Brooke.
Severide and Brooke left the apparatus floor and they both went to the locker room, in the meantime Casey left the apparatus floor as well but he headed to the bullpen because chief wanted to see him.

Casey was in the bullpen and he was looking at chiefs office and he saw that chief wasn't alone in his office, so Casey walked up to the office knocked at the door before he walked in to the office.

Casey - hey, chief. You wanted to see me?

Boden - yes, come on in.

Casey walked in to the office and he saw another man by chiefs desk, the man was wearing CFD work uniform.

Boden - this is your new replacement on truck 81. And this is your captain.

He said that to Casey and the other guy in the room.

Casey - hey, I'm Matt Casey.

He held his hand out to the man so that they could shake hands and introduce to one an another.

Man - hey, I'm Jason Pelham.

Casey did get a good feeling about this Pelham guy, and he haven't gotten that feeling for the other guys that has been trying to be the new replacement since Darden left.

Boden - I was thinking that you Casey, could introduce Pelham to everyone and show him around.

Casey - of course, chief.