Chapter 42

General's pov
Couple of days later and today it was a new shift at the firehouse. Everyone was at the firehouse and Severide had stepped out of the shower a couple of minutes ago and he was standing by his locker.
Stella was in the locker room and she had arrived at the firehouse couple of minutes ago, she and Severide didn't show up together because he left there apartment earlier then she and Casey did.
She saw Severide by his locker and it looked like that he had just gotten changed because he was fixing with his shirt.

Stella - Did Casey use all the hot water? You didn't shower at the apartment.

Severide - Ah, no, I got a workout in before shift.

Stella - Oh, okay. Well, uh, you wanna run SCBA later? 'Cause Herrmann says that the air consumption course is a beast.

Severide - Nah, you shouldn't have a problem.

Stella - Well, I-I know. I just, uh... just wanna cover all my bases. Twice.

Severide - Yeah. If there's time.

He walked out of the locker room without saying another word, Stella was really confused about his behavior against her.
Stella didn't know what to do or say, it isn't always easy to talk with Severide.

Some of the guys was in the common room, Brooklyn was standing by the coffee machine and she had just poured some coffee in her cup when Casey walked inside of the common room and he went to the coffee machine where Brooke was still standing by.

Casey - Morning.

Brooklyn - Captain.

She walked away from him and she went and took a seat by the table where Brett was sitting at, Andy, Cruz and Gallo was sitting by the other table.
Chief was walking through the common room and Andy got his eyes on chief and stopped him, chief had his bag in his hand.

Andy - A little early in shift to be heading home, Chief. We just got here.

Boden - Headquarters called my number for Red X Duty.

Gallo - What's Red X Duty?

Cruz - Chief has to check all of the condemned buildings in our district. Make sure they're boarded up, no squatters, that kind of thing.

Gallo - Hmm.

Boden - Casey. Hold the fort down till this evening.

Casey - Done and done.

Severide had just walked in to the common room and he was standing next to chief, Severide would take his chance to not be at the firehouse today so that he had an excuse for not helping Stella.

Severide - Hey, do you mind if I tag along, Chief?

Boden - Why? You coming for my job now?

Severide - No, just... mixing it up.

Boden - Sure, fine. I'll show you the ropes. Cruz, cover Squad.

Cruz - Covered.

Chief and Severide left and walked out on the apparatus floor, Stella walked in to the common room and she saw when chief and Severide leave and she didn't know why Severide left but she didn't know anymore what he was doing.

Stella - Hey, Cruz, uh, where's Kelly going?

Cruz - Volunteered for Red X Duty with the chief.

She just nodded her head to Cruz, Stella didn't get a chance to take a cup of coffee because eod the bell that went off.
Bell Truck 81 and ambo 61

Brooklyn's pov
Couple of hours had already passed of the shift today, this shift had been quiet and there haven't been so much to do for me and Brett which was good for once.
Brett and I have been out on two calls so me shift started which was around 6 hours ago, I was standing outside right in front of the firehouse and helping Stella.