Chapter 45

Casey's pov
It was a couple of days later and today it was a new shift, the shift would start in a couple of minutes but we could still get a call and it would be ours instead of first shift.
I was in my quarters and I had just finished with some paperwork that I was a little behind from last shift, I decided that I would grab a coffee and wait for a call since I was finished with the paperwork.

I walked out of my quarters and I saw that Herrmann was in the bunker room and he would leave soon, Herrmann wasn't going to be on this shift or our next shift as well because he and Cindy would get away.
I was in the bunker room and I looked in the direction of the locker and I saw Brooke standing there and talking to the lieutenant for engine 40.

Casey - Psst. Hey. Is that... what's his name... Grainger covering for you?

Herrmann - Yeah.

I had to ask Herrmann about it, I wasn't so happy about having Grainger around here and I'm not a big fan of seeing Grainger with Brooke.
Even if me and Brooke decided that I would be best if nothing happens between us, but that decision was still hard on me and harder then I could ever imagine.

I didn't get the time to go out in the common room to grab a cup of coffee and come back to my quarters to hide, and that is all because of the bell that went off.
Bell Truck 81, Squad 3, Engine 51 and Ambo 61

General's pov
Truck, engine and squad was back at the firehouse after there call that they have been out on, ambo was at Chicago med to drop off a victim from a call that ambo had with truck, squad and Engine.
Casey just jumped out of his rig and chief was out on the apparatus floor and waiting to hear from Casey about the call that they where out on.
Both Casey and Severide was standing with chief so that they could tell about what happened even if chief knew a couple of things already about there call

Boden - So the woman was trying to get to her refrigerator?

Casey - Yeah.

Boden - drogs?

Casey - Seems likely. Remember that meth house we hit, where the freezer nearly took Severide's head off a few years back?

Boden - Okay, I'm gonna need an expedited incident report so I can get it over to CPD. My desk, inside the hour.

Severide- You got it, Chief.

In the meantime the rest of the guys walked inside of the common room, Mouch saw a magazine laying on the coffee table next to the couch he took up it and he didn't know who the magazine was.

Mouch - Whose is this?

Cruz - Ooh! That is mine, actually.

Mouch - Makes sense.

Capp - Could've been mine.

Mouch - No.

He gave Cruz the magazine and he looked through it really fast, Cruz had an idea that he wanted to do but he wanted some help from the guys that he is working with.

Cruz - Anyway, um, I was reading an article in here about McDonald's, and how when they first got started, the only thing that you could buy was a burger and fries, but when they grew their menu, they built an empire.

Tony - Hmm, I prefer Portillo's.

Cruz - So I was thinking, Slamigan. We only got the one product, the Slamigan.

Gallo - A damn good one product.

Cruz - Agreed. But what if we offered a few more menu items? You know, things that fit the brand of tough gear for tough firefighters?