Chapter 9

General's pov
Two week have passed and it is kind of back to normal for the guys over at firehouse 51. After Benny Severide's funeral it went back to normal, because that is something they knew that Kelly Severide wanted.
Stella Kidd's friend from high school that have been in Chicago couple of times to see her was back, and of course Kelly Severide wasn't to happy about it but he didn't say a word about it.

Two weeks ago, Brooke went out on a date with Chaplin Sheffield.
And after there date they both decided that they would try again, for both of them they felt really good with it all.
The only people who knew about Brooke and the Chaplin dating each other was Brett and Stella, Brooke dint want to tell her brother about it since it have only been two weeks and she wants to wait and then introduce Andy to Kyle.

A new day and it was time for a new shift, Severide had arrived but he had been sitting in his car for 10 minutes. He was just sitting there and thinking, he didn't want to work but he would do it anyway because maybe it would let him to keep his mind of everything that have happened with his father but maybe also what's going on with Stella.
But then Severide walked out of his car and when he did that, Severide haven't noticed that Casey had arrived also. They had both parked out on the street on each side, Casey walked over the street to Severide and they where both heading up the driveway.

Casey - good morning.

Severide - hey.

Casey - I was thinking that we could coordinate a few drills today, all units.

Severide - yeah.

Casey noticed a little that Severide wasn't paying full attention, but then Severide haven't done that for the past three weeks.

Casey - you remember Naomi Gram the reporter, that I have been helping out?

Severide - yeah?

Casey - the thing is that I can't stop thinking about her. It's been awhile since Gabby and I split up and signed the divorce paper. I'm trying to make peace of it all and trying to move forward, right?

Severide - sounds right to me.

Casey - I'm thinking about giving her a call.

Severide - go for it.

Casey - I'm sorry for bothering you with this, I know you have a lot going on too.

Severide - no, I'm good. You should call her.

Casey waited just a few seconds out on the apparatus floor and Severide was already heading inside to the locker room to get changed, but the Casey left to and walked in to the locker room to do the same thing.

Brooklyn's pov
Me and Brett had arrived at Chicago med to drop of a patient from a house fire that we all from 51 arrived to, we wasn't just leaving a victim form the fire. We brought Severide with us also because he needed to get checked out after the house fire since he got trapped there under a chimney that fell from the roof , he wasn't badly hurt but chief just wanted a doctor to check him out.

Brett and I was finished with the paperwork over at Chicago Med, and all we needed to do was to file them in.

Brooklyn - I'm gonna check on Severide, to see if he wants a ride back to the firehouse.

Brett - yeah, I will just file this paperwork in.

I went to the nurse station where I saw Monique

Brooklyn - Monique, how's Severide doing?

Monique - he got cleared out awhile ago, he is in treatment 3.

I walked over to treatment 3 where Severide was, I walked in there and was standing in front of Severide.