Chapter 16

Brooklyn's pov
Just a few weeks had passed, and everything have seemed normal around the firehouse, and in my private life. Everything was good between me and Kyle like it have been since the first date, I was feeling that I was in a good place right now.
And around the firehouse there wasn't a weird or awkward tension between Severide and Stella, they where both keeping everything professional and friendly.

Shift had started about 2 or 3 hours ago and truck was out on a call, and for the first time in a really long time me and Brett wasn't called out just yet for a call which was nice of course.
I was in the common room and finished my cup of coffee, I was thinking about checking the ambo with supplies and gas .
I walked out on the apparatus floor and that's when I saw that squad had just gotten back after there call that was involved with the police.

Brooklyn - how did it go?

Casey - fine.

Me and Casey just walked past each other and I noticed that he was in a hurry and that he didn't look happy, he just looked really mad and I knew something most have happened out on that call.

Mouch - don't take it personal, he just got shot at.

Both mouch and Otis walked past me and in to the common room probably, I was still out on the apparatus floor since Stella was still there.

Stella - Casey handle it. His good.

I went to the ambo to check those things that I needed to do and Stella walked in to the common room and so did Andy who was walking behind Stella. I was thinking about what I heard happened to Casey.
I was thinking about talking to him, but I just thought for now that I whorl leave him alone and then talk to him alone.

After a little while I had done some inventory in the ambo and checked the gas, so I walked in to the common room where I knew Brett was. Because we needed to fill the ambo.with some gas if we wouldn't get a chance later, and before we would do that I was gonna talk to Casey.

Brooklyn - Brett, we need to fill the ambo with gas.

Brett - okay.

Brooklyn - I'm just gonna talk to Casey first and see if he needs something.

Brett - I will wait in the ambo.

I left the common room and walked in to the bunker room and I saw that Casey was in his office, he was standing by the window and just looking outside.
I walked towards Casey's quarters and I wasn't so sure about, how I would start this conversation.

Brooklyn - hey, me and Brett are gonna head out with the ambo. Anything you need for the truck?

He turned around and looked at me, but then he looked just down and I could see that he was having a lot going on in his head after what happened.

Casey - eh.....eh... I don't know. Ask Mouch.

Brooklyn - copy that.

I just stand there and just looking at Casey how he was just walking around in his quarters.

Brooklyn - you okay?

Casey - I'm good.

Brooklyn - did something happen on the call?

Casey - they told you what happened.

Brooklyn - yeah, they did.

I was thinking about what I should say to Casey, and that's when I remember I should tell him about something that happened me during a call in LA.

Brooklyn - I'm gonna tell you something that happened me about two years ago. Me and my old partner was out out on a call, we thought it was just a regular call about a check up. I was the first one to walk inside of this house where this was this guy who we needed to check out, my partner was by the ambo to take the bags in so I could see what was going on. And when my partner was also inside of the house, I was sitting on he couch next to this male patient, I look away for just a second and then I felt I had I knife to my throat.