Chapter 55

Casey's pov
A couple of days has passed and today it was a new shit at the firehouse again, but I had just woke up and shift wouldn't start until about one and half hour later.
I wasn't at the apartment that I share with Severide and Stella and I haven't been there for the past 24 hours, I woke up in Brooke's bed and bedroom but I saw she wasn't laying next to me in the bed and she wasn't even in the bedroom.

So I got up from the bed and took on a T-shirt and my sweatpants and I walked out of Brooke's bedroom, I saw Brooke standing in her kitchen by the kitchen table and she was looking at a paper in her hand and she had her laptop on the table as well with paper all over the table.
I rubbed my eyes with my hands before I started to walk up to where Brooke was standing in the kitchen and I could see they she was so focused on what she was doing.

Casey - Wow.  How early did you get up?

She looked at me when she heard my voice.

Brooklyn - Five, I think. Might've been four.

I was standing next to her now in the kitchen.

Brooklyn - That pilot program I was telling you about  in San Diego, I printed up a bunch of articles on it. They call it Paramedicine.  Basically, it's a nonprofit private ambulance service  that caters to frequent callers  with nonemergency needs, which frees up ambos  on shift to handle real emergencies.

Casey - Really smart.

She had been telling me about this just two or three days ago, and i thought it sounded like a really good idea.

Brooklyn - Yeah, it is.  So I'm gonna talk to Sylvie and I'm gonna study all this stuff and then maybe write up a plan that would fit with the CFD.  What do you think?

Casey - I think that you...

I took a grip on her hoodie that she was wearing that also was mine by the way, but I took a grip on it so that I could pull her close to me.

Casey - Are amazing.

We where both smiling at each other before I had my arms around her and we both got closer to each other until our lips touched, after a few seconds later we where having a little make out session in the kitchen.
It was hard sometimes to keep my hands off her, and the only time when I did get the chance to do it was when we where at her apartment since we both don't really want to kiss each other just yet in front of Andy Darden.

General's pov
Shift had started a little while ago and everyone was at the firehouse and there hasn't been any calls just yet for the guys on second shift.
Some of the guys was sitting in the common room by the table when Ritter and Gallo walked in to the common room and they where both looking at each other's phone.

Gallo - Dude, it's all over my timeline.

Ritter - Insane. Look, and check it out.  The original post has over a million views.

Casey walked in to the common room and he walked over to the coffee machine so they he could grab a cup of coffee, Gallo and Ritter saw when Casey walked in to the common room.

Gallo - Hey, Captain...

Casey - Yeah.

Ritter and Gallo walked over to where Casey was standing and Gallo had his phone in his hand because he was gonna show Casey a video.

Gallo - Have you seen this?

He showed Casey the video which was that someone had filmed Casey during a call from a few shifts back, and Casey didn't know that there was videos of him on the internet.

Ritter - Someone posted it on social media,  and it is blowing up right now.

Gallo - They've given you a superhero name... The Firefly.