Chapter 29

Casey's pov
Another week have passed of the normal life that me and the guys at the firehouse have, after what happened about a week ago with Mr Carrington he realized what he and the furniture had done. And deter what Herrmann said and showed him he was gonna change it, mr carrington even showed up outside of the firehouse to look at Otis memorial statue with his two son's.

I was at the firehouse for another shift like I usually do when I have had two days off, but shift started a little while ago.
I had told my men that we would go out on the apparatus floor and check the truck, and ambo got a call right away when shift started.

I walked out on the apparatus floor with Mouch, Kidd, gallo and Darden behind me, the guys on squad was sitting at the squad table and I just saw Chief walked back inside.

Casey - I want you to check the hydraulics on the aerial.

Mouch - you got it Captain.

Casey - look if we need more.......

I looked out on the driveway and I saw someone standing by Otis's memorial statue, I blinked a few times and that's when I saw a familiar face.

I wasn't the only one to see that someone was standing out on the drive way, because that did the guys on my team also. But I walked out on the driveway and walked towards the person, I walked up to the familiar face who was standing by the statue.

Casey - Gabby?

She turned around and that's when I saw Gabby's face and she had changed s little since the last time I saw her, she had shorter hair but everything else seemed like the last time I saw her.

Dawson - Matt.

I still couldn't really believe that she was here, and I didn't really know how to even react on it. She looked at me and looked at the statue again and then back to me.

Dawson - it's beautiful.

I walked up a little closer to her since I was standing a few steps far away from her, I was really confused she and I haven't talked since we decided for a divorce which was over a year ago since that happened.

Casey - Boden called it sacred ground.

Dawson - he's right.

She looked back at the statue.

Casey - when'd you get in town?

She looked back at me again.

Dawson - Um, about an hour ago. This is my first stop.

The two of us looked at each other and it was quite for less then five seconds until Gabby spoke up again.

Dawson - I wanted to see.......

And of course we got interrupted by the bell that went on.
Bell truck 81

Casey - don't go anywhere.

I started to walk up towards the firehouse but turned around to say one last thing to Gabby before i leave for a call.

Casey - Brett is out on a call, and everyone's gonna wanna see you.

Dawson - okay.

I run up to the apparatus floor, when I got there I took on my turnout gear and then I jumped right in to the truck and Kidd started to drive.
We was just gonna pass by Gabby who was still standing by the statue, but Kidd rolled down the window.

Stella - hey, girl!

Dawson - hey!

Then Kidd drove away to the scene, and during the ride I just looked out of the window the whole time and I knew that Kidd noticed that and she clearly also knows about what happened between me and Gabby.