Chapter 31

General's pov
It is a couple of shift later, and the second shift are back at the firehouse for a new shift have they have had two days off. Or at least some of them haven't been working, but Stella, Herrmann and Brooke have been working outside of the firehouse at the bar.
Shift had started now everyone was at the firehouse, Casey, Severide and Herrmann was in chiefs office and they where talking about the problem that have been created since they changed the operation boundaries but the biggest problem is with Firehouse 20.

And in the meantime some of the guys was sitting in the common room, Mouch was sitting on the couch with Tuesday next to him. Cruz and Ritter was sitting at the round table and Brooke was sitting at the other table.
Mouch was looking at some tv when he felt something bit him, Ritter and Cruz noticed how Mouch slapped his own leg.

Cruz - are you alright, Mouch?

Mouch - something bit me.

Ritter - like what, a mosquito?

Mouch - no. More like a flea.

He said and looked at Tuesday who was laying on the couch next to him.

Ritter - she just had a flea medication.

Mouch - Ritter, it's okay. she's a dog and dog's sometimes gets flea's. Sometimes dog's have to stay in the garage, until the flea's are gone.

Cruz laughed a little, and Ritter got up from where he was sitting.

Ritter - yeah, okay. Come on, Tuesday. Let's go, girl.

Mouch - go on.

Tuesday jumped down from the couch and followed Ritter out on the apparatus floor. Gallo walked in to the common room from another way when Ritter walked out.

Brooklyn - tell me, what's up?

Asked Brooke when she saw Gallo and he looked at her, he went to the fridge to take his water bottle.

Gallo - huh?

Brooklyn - they make you run drills this early. Did you piss of Casey?

Gallo - I'm not running drills.

He walked over to the table where Brooke was sitting and he took a seat on one of the chairs that was also next to her.

Gallo - I was running sprints out on the apparatus, for a race that I will compete in this weekend.

Cruz - oh, the south Chicago classic half marathon?

Gallo - yeah.

Cruz - I almost run that last year.

Gallo - you should do it with me. There is still time to sign up.

Brooklyn - you know that's 13 miles, right?

She asked Cruz, and he looked at her with some annoyed expression.

Cruz - yes, I'm aware. Thank you, Brooke.

Brooke laughed a little since she likes to mess with Cruz and he knows that, but he love to have her as a best friend.

Cruz - anyway I haven't been training, otherwise I would totally do it. Maybe next year.

Gallo - okay.

Brooke didn't really think that Cruz would do it even if he say "maybe, next year" and he didn't do it last year so why would he do it next year.
As they where sitting in the common room the bell went off.
Bell Truck 81, squad 3 and ambo 61

Brett's pov
Me and Brooke have been away for almost two hours since we left for our first call this shift, Brooke and I had just been away for our second call, and was on our way back to the firehouse.
We where five minutes away from the firehouse, me and Brooke was talking a little about the weeding since it is in the middle of December now and it is just a few month until the wedding.