16 months 1.

14 months ago, Derek Hale disappeared. His pack left behind. No one knows where Derek went but through out the last 2 months his mate senses things that lead to the solving of the mystery.

It first started with the dreams. Stiles would wake up in a sweat, screaming and almost crying. Horrific scenes of Derek being shown to him through his mind. That wasn't the worst thing. The worst thing was the fact he couldn't help Derek in this time of need.

Stiles and his father are the only ones who know about his dreams. For Stiles is too scared to go to the pack with these. They could get mad. Or blame him for not seeing these sooner. But Stiles had no control over these, so what was he to do?

His father has tried to encourage him to talk to the pack, time and time again. Yet it fails each time. The guilt Stiles already feels, deters him from even telling Scott.

That is until one day. Noah invites over the entire pack for dinner. And after laughs were had and relaxing was done, he made it very clear that Stiles had to spill.

"The main reason I've called all of you here is because..." Noah looks at Stiles.

"Dad.." Stiles goes white and looks scared.

"Stiles, cmon, they need to know."

Stiles sighs and rubs his hands on his thighs, ridding of the sweat.

"I see Derek. I have been seeing him in my dreams."

"Wha- for how long!?" Scott jumps in almost immediately.

"Almost a week now."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Lydia asks.

"I was scared," Stiles explains. He focuses on Lydia to distract himself from everyone else.

"Scared? Those could've helped us find Derek, Stiles!" Liam adds.

Stiles stays quiet, deciding its best for them to get out their emotions.

As the whole pack expresses their feelings on this matter, mostly with yelling, Lydia is the only one who stays quiet. She holds Stiles's hand for comfort and watches him.

The pack doesn't dial it down until Stiles breath hitches and he sniffles.

"Stiles.." Scott starts. "I'm sorry, but-"

"No!" Stiles stops him. He stands up, Lydia standing with him. The two still locking hands. "They could've helped! Yeah, I get that. But they won't because how am I supposed to focus on scenery or landmark when I see my boyfriend getting tortured!? How do I focus when I see the man I love be killed day by day, and I can't help him! I want to be there for him as much as you guys do. And just because I am the human, doesn't mean I don't care or help as much!" Stiles rants.

As soon as he catches his breath, the tears start again. This time more frequently. Noah rushes up to Stiles and walks him out of the room with Lydia.

Stiles and Lydia go to Stiles's room and sit on the end of his bed. Lydia pulls him into a hug. She rubs his back, soothing him.

"Derek will make it through this, Stiles. He is one of the strongest alphas we know."

Stiles nods and holds onto her. He restricts himself from sleeping. The fear of seeing Derek hurt again is too much for him to handle right now.

"Stiles?" A voice speaks.

Stiles raises his head.

"Derek?" Stiles gasps.