Prey (2)

I let go of the man's collar. His limp body drops to the ground and doesn't move. He isn't dead but he isn't conscious either. 

Once I feel my body start to relax the pain sets in. Even though I won this time, he still managed to land a few blows.

"Derek!" The door slams shut.

I turn my head. Stiles comes rushing out of the door and down to me with a limp.

"I'm fine, get back inside."

"Are you kidding me, you're bleeding!"

"I'm well aware of that, thank you."

"We gotta get you to a hospital."

"No need."

Stiles hesitated in confusion. I let go of my side and stood up straight. The wounds were sealed but my body still ached.

"How the-"

"I'll explain it later. Let's get inside. I need to change and you need your foot looked at."

"What are you, so kind of super doctor or something?" Stiles laughed

"Or something," I said, walking to the house.

-later-

"Okay, you gotta explain to me what all of that was about. And where did you take Trevor?" Stiles asked.

"Somewhere far away and you might want to sit down for this."

Stiles sat down and stared at me.

"Quite obedient," I thought to myself.

"So the reason you feel so drawn to here is because of me."

"Because I'm your mate?"

I nodded. "We have this connection that grows the closer we are. And fortunately enough, we aren't that far apart. And I know it sounds crazy but it's true."

"That...makes a lot more sense."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I mean I've already had experience with the impossible, hence Trevor. Also, you just have a vibe, it makes sense."

"A vibe?"

Stiles nods.

"Okay..anyways, I don't expect anything to come from this interaction but just be safe, yeah? I'll drive you back."

"No need, I drove here."

"With that ankle?"

"I'll be fine."

I sighed and brushed my hair back. "Alright."

I pick up the medical supplies and head to the bathroom.

"Derek?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I get your number, just in case Trevor comes back?"

"I doubt he would but better safe than sorry. My phone's on the counter, put your in and I'll message you."

"Okay, thanks. Bye!"

"Bye."

The door closed. I shut the cabinet and walked out.

-no ones POV-

Over the course of 3 months Stiles and Derek have conversed non-stop and hung out nearly every day. Though they did not pursue each other romantically, they definitely thought about it. Almost every time they hung out there was one awkward moment where they almost kissed or where they rubbed against the other the wrong(ish) way. 

There wasn't any word from Trevor, so it was safe to say he was gone for good and found someone else to leech off of. 

-Later-

Stiles knocked on the door and waited for Derek to open it. 

"I thought you had work..?" Derek said, opening it.

"I did, but I got off early."

"Are you alright? You're not sick, are you?"

"No," Stiles laughed. "I'm fine."

"Okay, well, don't just stand there, come in."

Stiles smiled and walked inside. He took off his shoes and took a deep breath of relief. 

"So, for the short time you were there, how was work?" Derek asked, leading Stiles to the living room. 

They both found their previously designated spots on the couch and continued to talk.

"It was good; the usual Karen's came in and made the staff want to die. Besides that, all was well. They were even having a discount thing in the video games and a customer broke something so the worker got to keep it."

"That's good?"

"Not the game itself, more so the packaging. Bless my lazy boss."

"Where do you work again?" 

"Well I go between the store and a bar. Although the last one's for weekends."

"No wonder you reek of alcohol all the time."

Stiles rolled his eyes a brushed away Derek's comment. 

"Besides your work "endeavors"," Derek said. "I have something I need to tell you."

"What's up?"

Derek took a deep breath and turned his body toward Stiles. 

"I've been thinking about this for awhile now, but I have feelings for you. Not the destined mate type feelings, but real and raw feelings."

Stiles sighed heavily, perking one of Derek's eyebrows.

"I thought you were dying or something! Oh boy, am I glad to hear that; I've been wanting to say something but I've chickened out every time."

"So it's mutual?" Derek asked.

Stiles nodded with a smile. 

Derek leaned forward and held onto Stiles's neck, kissing him. More than happy to, Stiles kissed back and held onto Derek's shirt. Derek moved his hands to Stiles's waist and pulled him onto his lap. 

Stiles broke the kiss, laughing gently. 

"What's so funny?"

"I never thought this would happen... I'm so fucking glad it is."

Derek rolled his eyes with a smirk and resumed their kiss.