Chapter Seven

Iris Quinn

Iris removed her jacket as the aroma of food attacked her nose. She hadn't been here in a while and since she had the day off she was in need of a great home cooked meal.

"Mommy." She called out stepping further into the house.

"Iris , what are you doing here?" Jennifer asked with a smile on her face.

"I decided to stop by and see you." She said embracing her mother in a hug.

Jennifer smiled as she embraced her daughter.

"Oh how good it is to see you, come I was just warming up some of last nights gumbo." She smiled.

Iris laughed as she followed her mother into the kitchen. It's been a few weeks since her date with Hong Joong and she has come to the conclusion that she likes him. They've spent almost every day with one another.

"You're glowing, did you lose your virginity?" Jennifer asked.

"Oh my god mom, can't I just be happy?" She asked.

Jennifer looked at her and chuckled before making her a plate.

"Oh please I know that glow from anywhere who is he?" She asked.

"His name is Hong Joong, he's from California and he recently moved in next door to me about a month and a half ago." Iris smiled.

"Next door neighbor huh? What made this one different, you've turned down almost every guy that tried to come your way. I almost thought you were a lesbian." Jennifer giggled.

Iris rolled her eyes and laughed before taking a bite of her food.

"We're just dating right now nothing to serious." She said eating her food.

"If he's making you this happy then I hope it get serious." She added.

Iris couldn't but blush, which has now become a habit these days. She shook her head as she continued eating.

"I'm just going with the flow of things." Iris shrugged.

"Well I'm happy for you." She said.

"Where's daddy?" She asked.

"You know your father probably in that store somewhere." She giggled.

Iris chuckled before she finished her food.

"I'm going to go see Dad before I head home, thank you for the food. Love you." She quickly pecked her cheek before running out the door.

She walked a few blocks from home and finally came upon her family owned corner store.

"Daddy." She called out as she walked into the store.

"Is that my baby girl?" He called out.

"Hey daddy." Iris smiled embracing him.

John smiled as he released her.

"What brings you to visit your old man?" He asked as they walked to the back.