Chapter Thirty-Six

Iris Quinn

Iris groaned as she stretched, she opened her eyes and sighed before sitting up...She noticed Hong Joong wasn't in the bed with her anymore. It's been a week since the ball and she has been busy, she had a lot of things to do today. She went to the bathroom and handled her business before stepping out of the room, She smiled at Eden before walking ahead of her.

"Where is Hong Joong?" She asked.

"He is in his study." Eden said.

Iris nodded before going to his study, she opened the door to see him typing away on his computer. His glasses hung low on his nose before he looked up and smiled at her.

"Good morning Lovie." He smiled.

Iris smiled before sitting in his lap causing him to stop typing.

"Good morning, What are you doing?" She asked.

"Just preparing a speech." He said.

"For?" She asked.

"I have to explain to the citizens about the raise in gas prices." He explained.

Iris nodded as she rubbed her hands through his hair.

"What do you have to do today?" He asked locking eyes with her.

"Well, I'm going to go into town today get to know the residents a little better, there is a festival going on today and I want to go." She said.

"I'll come along, it's a good thing you are getting more involved in Xenovia." He smiled.

"Yeah, it is isn't." Iris smiled before getting up.

"Your Highness." Eden said.

"Yes Eden?" Iris asked.

"Her Majesty is requesting you." Eden said passing her a letter.

Iris quickly opened the letter.

"What does it say?" He asked.

"She wants to talk." Iris mumbled.

"Do you want me to come with you?" He asked.

"No, I can handle this alone. Finish your speech." She pecked his forehead before leaving his study.

She got dressed before going to the car, she rubbed her temples hoping his mother didn't piss her off. She didn't want to be around Xenovia citizens in a shitty mood, they didn't deserve that. The car came to a stop and Eden helped her out before they went into the palace before she was guided to the sun room.

"Your Majesty." Iris curtseyed.

"Iris, I'm glad you accepted my invitation please have a seat." She smiled.

Iris looked at her weird before sitting across from her, Mrs.Kim looked her up and down analyzing her outfit before taking a sip of her tea.

"I heard the wedding will be in October, if you don't mind Why is that?" She asked.

"My sister can't travel due to being pregnant and she is my maid of honor, so Hong Joong decided to push it back." Iris explained.