Chapter Thirty-One

Iris Quinn

Iris opened her eyes and sighed, she sat up and rubbed her hands through her hair...she tried to stay up and wait for Hong Joong but ended up falling asleep. She was disappointed to awake alone, she got out of the bed before going to the bathroom. She handled her business before stepping out of the room only to be met with Eden.

"Good morning your highness." Eden smiled before curtseying.

Iris smiled.

"Good morning, where is Hong Joong?" She asked.

"In the study, he's requested I help you get dressed before meeting him for breakfast, Her Majesty picked this dress for you."  She said holding up a dress.

Iris scuffed before walking past her, She was walking so fast Eden couldn't keep up. She stopped suddenly before looking left and right, she scratched her head confused before looking at Eden.

"Where is the study?" She asked.

"Last door on the right." Eden said.

Iris nodded going to the right, she opened the door to see Hong Joong typing away at his computer. He stopped and looked at her, he stood up and removed his glasses confused.

"Eden leave us." She said.

"Yes your highness." Eden quickly closed the door as she left.

"Lovie what's wrong?" He asked.

"What's wrong? WHAT'S WRONG?! I SLEPT ALONE ON THE FIRST NIGHT HERE! IMAGINE HOW THAT FELT?!" She yelled.

"I'm sorry, I completely let time slip and I ended up falling asleep in here." He said grabbing her waist.

Iris scuffed before removing his hands, she only asked for one thing when she agreed to this which was Prioritize her and he was already fucking up.

"I ate dinner alone, I even waited for you." She said.

Hong Joong sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"You're right, I'm sorry. I've been wrapped up in reviewing reports and trying to catch up on my duties. I apologize." He said.

Iris locked eyes with him and sighed.

"I understand, just understand me also I am down here with no friends or family and all I have is you." She said.

"You're right." He said pulling her close.

Iris smiled before pecking his lips.

"Now can you join me for breakfast?" She asked.

"Of course." He smiled.

Iris smiled before grabbing his hand, they walked out of the study hand in hand. Once they made it to the dining room she noticed this long table full of breakfast food.

She sat down and noticed Hong Joong sat at the other end of the table.

"Why are you so far?" She asked.