Chapter Forty

Eight Months Later

Kim Hong Joong

Hong Joong looked at the check list as he walked around the palace, Iris Family were landing any minute and he needed everything to be perfect. The wedding was two weeks away and now that the planning was finished he was in charge of making sure her family felt comfortable and welcomed.

"Make sure all the rooms are cleaned and neat." Hong Joong said.

The Housekeeper nodded before quickly walking away, he let out a frustrating sigh as he placed his hand on his forehead. He felt arm wrap around his waist and looked up facing Iris, he smiled as he looked down at her.

"Hey Lovie." He smiled.

"Hey you, you look stress what's wrong?" She asked.

"I just want everything to be perfect for your family." He said.

"Everything is already perfect, the palace is cleaned, as clean as it'll ever be. Stop stressing you know my family isn't like that." She explained.

Hong Joong smiled before kissing her forehead.

"I know." He smiled.

"Then act like it." She laughed.

"Your Majesty." Axel bowed.

Iris and Hong Joong looked at one another before looking towards the door.

"Mother and Father, what are you guys doing here?" Hong Joong asked.

"You didn't think we would miss the arrival of my daughter in laws family?" Mr.Kim asked.

"You didn't have to come today, we have nothing planned but dinner." Iris said.

"Nonsense, we shall all have dinner as a family." Mrs.Kim smiled.

Hong Joong and Iris nervously chuckled, Hong Joong ordered the staff to give his parents a room on the farthest side of the palace before pulling her to the side.

"What are we going to do? This was not apart of the plan." He asked.

"Calm down, I mean how bad could it be?" Iris asked.

"This is the King and Queen we are talking about." He said.

"Damn, you're right. Ok any type of disrespect will immediately be shut down any sense of uncomfortableness will not be tolerated on both sides." She said.

Hong Joong nodded.

"Ok, I will check my mother and father if things get out of hand and vice versa." He said.

Iris nodded.

"Deal." She said.

"This is to much, everything is going to go to shit." He sighed.

Iris laughed and shook her head.

"They can either fight these next two weeks or get along pretty well. Either way it go we will deal with it together." She said squeezing his hand.