Chapter Seventeen

Iris Quinn

Iris sipped her wine as Charlotte finished braiding her hair, she dipped it in hot water before lathering it in moose. Once she was finished she looked in the mirror and smiled.

"It's beautiful Charlotte." Iris smiled.

"Well it has been a while since you've had braids." Charlotte said.

"Yeah." Iris smiled before fiddling with her finger nails.

"I think I saw your guy on the elevator." She said.

Iris looked up at her curious.

"What do you mean? What did he look like?" She asked.

"Black hair with a slit in his eyebrow?" Charlotte asked.

"Oh it must've been someone else." Iris said.

"Yeah, hey if you ever need to talk or hang out or anything call me. I will be there no matter what Iris." Charlotte said.

Iris smiled and nodded, they talked for a few hours before she left. And there that feeling was again...loneliness. She wrapped her hair before going to her bed room, she looked at the teddy bear that laid in her bed and sighed.

She got in bed and pulled the teddy bear closet inhaling the scent. She felt her eyes began to burn knowing the waterworks were about to start.  She squeezed the teddy bear as the recording began to play.

She squeezed her eyes shut as she rocked back and fourth hugging the bear for dear life. She felt her eyes grow heavy as sleep took over her.

The next day

Iris looked at herself in the mirror and sighed. No matter how much concealer she laid under her eyes you could still see she wasn't sleeping well.

She checked the time and quickly left her apartment. She was going to be late for work if she didn't hurry.

Luckily she made it just in time, thank god her boss was in a good mood. The day went slow...to slow for her liking. She stepped out of the building and looked around confused.

"Hong Joong where are you?" She asked allowed.

She stopped looking around realizing what she has said. She sighed and shook her head before calling a taxi. Once she reached her apartment complex she paid the tab and got out.

She walked into the apartment complex seeing the elevator was about to close.

"HOLD IT!" She yelled.

She quickly got inside.

"Thank you." She said looking at the man.

"Iris." Axel smiled.

"Axel." She nodded.

It was silent...and it felt like the elevator ride was longer than anticipated. The elevator came to a stop before he allowed her off first.

Iris watched as he headed to Hong Joong's apartment.

"Axel." She said.