Chapter Nineteen

Iris Quinn

Iris rubbed her temples as she opened her lap top. She heard a knock on the door before getting up. She opened the door revealing Charlotte, she smiled as she let her in.

"Charlotte, thank god you're here." She smiled.

"Well you called." Charlotte giggled.

"Yes, I did." Iris sighed before sitting back on the sofa.

Charlotte sat beside her and looked at the laptop.

"What are we doing?" She asked.

"Research, so as you know Hong Joong and I are back together." Iris said.

"Sadly." Charlotte rolled her eyes.

Iris looked at her before sighing.

"What is it Charlotte?" Iris asked.

"Nothing." Charlotte said.

"Tell me what you're thinking." Iris said.

"I'm just worried about you, you do know you guys will be married soon." She said.

"I know so what is your problem?" Iris asked.

"Don't you think it's to soon? Like come on Iris you Queen? Of Xenovia, like be for real." Charlotte chuckled.

Iris scuffed.

"It is soon but I love Hong Joong, and when he ask me to take his hand in marriage I will say yes. I think I'll make a fantastic Queen, in fact I'll be the first black Queen of Xenovia. I thought you'll be supportive?" Iris asked.

"Let's not talk about supportive, ever since you've started dating this Prince. We haven't talked but when y'all break up you need me to be there." She said.

"You the one who kept telling me to go with the flow. I went with the flow and now you're mad?" Iris asked.

"Yes but now we're talking about Marriage. Iris MARRIAGE! You've only know the guy for five months." Charlotte said.

Iris sighed as she rubbed her hands through her hair.

"Charlotte, I understand you're worried and concerned. Hong Joong is a good man, and yes he lied about his identity but for good reason. I know I haven't been there like I use to and I'm sorry I'll do better. You don't think I'm scared? I am terrified, running a country I don't know anything about is scary." Iris said.

Charlotte sighed.

"I'm sorry." Charlotte said.

"It's fine, if you didn't have any concerns you wouldn't be a real friend. I love him though Iris, I know it's been a short amount of time but I know how I feel." She explained.

"I guess Queen Iris has a good ring to it." Charlotte shrugged.

Iris laughed.

"Thank you for being concerned." Iris smiled grabbing her hand.

"I wouldn't be a best friend if I didn't...just be careful Iris. I'm always there if you need me, but sis you're going to be in another country. You be careful because it could be dangerous." Charlotte said.