Chapter Forty-Five

Kim Hong Joong

Hong Joong sighed as he pulled from his cigar, he sat in his office going through reports as he waited for Jong Ho to show up. They had just one week before the wedding and already had so much too do. They needed to pack and prepare for this mysterious honeymoon and check on last minute decoration and also taste test the cake. Just as he was looking at his last report Jong Ho came knocking, Hong Joong gestured for Axel to open the door before closing his laptop.

"Hey." He said before sitting down.

"Hey, So I'm going to cut to the chase. Eliza doesn't want you to walk down the aisle with Isla so we're going to take you out of the wedding and have you as a guest." Hong Joong explained.

"I don't care what Eliza wants, how can you even suggest taking me out of the wedding because of her concerns?" He asked.

"If you walk down the aisle with Isla and Eliza reacts then how do you think that would look? It is my wedding day and I refuse to have it tarnish because of your wife." Hong Joong said.

Jong Ho sighed and sat back.

"Look we've been friends since we were teens, you were in my wedding and now I need to be in yours. I'll talk to Eliza and if she's still against it then revoke her invitation." Jong Ho said.

"Alright, I'm trusting your word Jong Ho." Hong Joong stood up.

Jong Ho nodded as they shook hands, Hong Joong sighed as he watched him walk out.

"Axel, where is Iris?" He asked.

"She was getting ready last I checked." Axel said.

Hong Joong nodded before going to their room, he walked in as she was spraying perfume on her body, He smiled as she glanced at him.

"Hey, I just got done getting dressed. Are you ready?" Iris asked.

"Yes." Hong Joong smiled taking her hand.

They walked downstairs to see Ian and Isaiah coming out of the kitchen.

"Where y'all going?" Ian asked.

"We have to do a few things for the wedding." Iris said.

"Can we come?" Isaiah asked.

"Sure." Hong Joong said.

"Let's go before Isabelle and Imani come begging." Ian said.

Iris and Hong Joong laughed as they exited the palace. They all got into the car before heading to town.

"What kind of cake did y'all get?" Isaiah asked.

"Vanilla boy don't even play me like that." Iris laughed.

Ian chuckled.

"Facts, because if you would've got chocolate I would've cried. Shit taste like dirt."  Ian said.

"I agree I am not a huge fan of chocolate cake." Hong Joong chuckled.

"So Axel what's the deal with you and my sister?" Ian asked.

"Irene and I are testing the waters." Axel said.