Chapter Thirty-Nine

Iris Quinn

Iris sat in front of the Queen barely paying attention to the vision board. She wanted to go to the palace and sink, she's never felt more out of place then she did right now. The closer the wedding got the more this feeling grew.

"Iris are you listening?" Mrs.Kim asked.

Iris sighed as she rubbed her temples.

"She's been out of it all day." Irene added.

"Can everyone give us the room?" Mrs.Kim asked.

"Uh Uh why?" Irene asked.

Mrs.Kim looked at Irene with a raised eye brow.

"It's fine." Iris mumbled.

"Are you sure?" Irene whispered.

"I'm sure." Iris said.

Irene looked at Mrs.Kim before rolling her eyes. Hong Joong pecked her forehead before leaving.

"I know that look, what's wrong?" She asked sitting beside her.

"Nothing is wrong." Iris said.

Mrs.Kim looked at her before grabbing her face.

"It's suffocating isn't it? You take one look in that mirror and realize you're not who you are." She said.

Iris moved her face from her hands as she looked away.

"I told you, the crown is heavy. It was only a matter of time before you ended up like the rest of us. You're choosing your own defeat." She said.

Iris shook her head before looking at her.

"Whatever this feeing is it'll pass." Iris nodded.

"Yes it may but it'll come back. It always come back." She said.

"I will not become you or anyone else. Once this feeling pass I will be back to normal." Iris snapped.

"If you say so." She smirked shaking her head.

Iris sighed as she rubbed her hands through her hair. Mrs.Kim sighed before pouring them both a drink.

"I'm going to talk to you as a women not a Queen. Iris...you can not change yourself based on what others say. I just saw in an article that you wore a Nike suit to the fair...what princess does that? You paid Xenovians even when you didn't have to. You are different so why are you trying to fit in now?" She asked.

"I feel like people are judging me, based on what I wear how I act and the way I talk. So I became a people pleaser, I figured they like someone with more class and solitude then someone who acts as themselves." Iris sniffed.

Mrs.Kim wiped her tears and sighed.

"I hated you months ago and now I'm wiping your tears. Be the woman your parents raised you to be, and the woman Hong Joong fell in love with. You don't have to be anyone but yourself and stop reading the articles." She said.