Chapter Fifty-Two

Iris Kim

Iris rubbed her temples as she read the lengthy speech. She's been reading and studying this for the past week and she was tired.

"Your Highness." Eden said.

"Hm?" Iris asked not taking her eyes of the paper.

"Eliza and Jong Ho is here." Eden said.

Iris snatched her eyes away from the paper confused before placing it on the table.

"Where is my husband?" Iris asked.

"He's in his study." Eden said.

"Send them to his study, I shall be their shortly." Iris said.

Eden nodded as she walked away, Iris sighed before making her way to Hong Joong's office. She leaned on the door and smiled as she looked at him.

"I can feel you staring my love, what is it?" He asked removing his glasses.

Iris smiled before entering the study.

"Eliza and Jong Ho are here, I told Eden to send them here." She said.

Hong Joong rolled his eyes before she sat on his lap.

"They should know better than to show up unannounced." He scuffed wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Yes they should. What are you doing?" She asked.

"Just wrapping up some stuff, how's the speech coming?" He asked.

Iris sighed.

"It's going." She mumbled.

Hong Joong pecked her cheek.

"Don't over work your brain." He said.

"I won't." She giggled.

Eden came in along with Eliza and Jong Ho.

"Have a seat." Hong Joong said.

Eliza and Jong Ho did as told.

"What is it that you guys need?" Iris asked resting her forearm on Hong Joong's shoulder.

"Eliza informed me on you guys conversation at the wedding." Jong Ho said.

"Oh and what about it?" Iris asked.

"Are you planning on removing us from the court?" He asked.

"Oh that? Of course why wouldn't I?" She asked.

"Come on your highness, Eliza is harmless-"

"Harmless? She's been disrespectful to my wife and my family." Hong Joong said.

"She has never disrespected his or her majesty." Jong Ho said.

"I'm not talking about His and Her majesty, my family is Iris family as well. She has been rude to them and to Iris after Iris gave her chance after chance." Hong Jong said.