Chapter Thirteen

Iris Quinn

Iris looked at her hand before smirking at Hong Joong. He didn't understand the damage she was about to do to him.

"Draw two, reverse back to me,uno, uno out." She laughed.

Hong looked at his hand before looking at her. He huffed before tossing the cards on the table.

"You're cheating for sure." He said.

"If you think I'm cheating in uno wait until we play spades." She laughed.

Iris collected the cards as her stomach began to growl.

"You hungry?" He asked raising his brow.

"Yeah, we should make lunch." She nodded.

He nodded as she stood up going to the kitchen. She checked the fridge for food before pulling out ingredients.

"So what is on the menu my love?" He asked.

"It's a mystery." She smiled.

"Interesting." He chuckled.

Iris began making them a quick meal as he watched her every move intensely. She glanced at him as he rested his elbows on the counter and his chin in the palm of his hands.

"How can you be so beautiful?" He asked.

"Stop, you're making me blush." She giggled.

Hong Joong smiled at her tilting his head. She placed the food in front of him before sitting beside him.

"A sandwich?" He asked.

"Not just any sandwich, a fried bologna sandwich." She smiled.

Iris noticed he looked at her confused causing her to raise her brow.

"You've never had a bologna sandwich?" She asked.

"Is that bad?" He asked.

"Jesus, you sure you from L.A?" She giggled.

Hong Joong chuckled before picking up the sandwich and taking a bite of it. Iris raised her brow as his eyes widen.

"This is bologna?" He asked.

"Mhm fried, with mayo and mustard." She smiled.

"This is so good." He smiled.

"I'm glad you like it." She pecked his cheek.

Iris smiled as she enjoyed her sandwich. Hong Joong cleaned the dishes before drying his hands.

"Let's go on the lake today." Iris suggested.

"It is a good day outside." Hong Joong nodded.

"Yes it is." She chuckled.

He laughed before they got dressed and headed to the boat house, Hong Joong pushed the boat on the lake before helping Iris on. He quickly got inside and began to paddle, Iris smiled as she let her fingertips sit in the water, once they were in the middle of the lake Hong Joong stopped paddling.

"It is a sight for sore eyes." He said looking around.

"Mhm." Iris nodded agreeing.

She began digging in her purse before pulling out what looked like a cigarette.

"You smoke?" Hong Joong asked.

"Occasionally." She said.

"What is that a cigarette?" He asked.