221-222

Chapter 221 After I came back through time travel, the protagonist Gong, who I had abused, also came back through time with me [19]
Eye protectionTurn off the lights
bigmiddleSmall
The place where Lu Bai was born was in a small village about three hours' drive from the city where they were now.

Although it is not as prosperous as the city, it still has a unique flavor of the countryside. Even because of its favorable geographical location, it has now become a "tourist resort" where office workers from surrounding cities often come to enjoy farm life during holidays.

When Lu Bai and He Jintian arrived, it happened to be dinner time in the village.

White smoke drifted from the houses in each courtyard, and the aroma of big pots of rice continued to come from both sides of the path.

The grassroots policeman who was helping He Jintian investigate came from a short distance away on a bicycle. When he saw He Jintian and Lu Bai, he quickly speeded up and rode in front of them.

"It's Mr. Lu! I'm Xiao Zhao. Nice to meet you." The policeman shook hands with Lu Bai enthusiastically and couldn't help but look at Lu Bai.

There was no way, Lu Bai's name was too famous in the system. He single-handedly dealt with six major cases in a row. Such courage and brains are so worthy of admiration.

Lu Bai reached out to shake hands with him. The relaxation along the way was enough to make Lu Bai's mood return to normal. So the mood seems to be quite stable now.

This Xiao Zhao was also a neat person. After a brief exchange of greetings, he took Lu Bai and He Jintian to find the village chief.

"I also grew up in the village and met Mr. Lu's father."

"Really?" Lu Bai was a little surprised. He took a closer look at Xiao Zhao's face. He was older than He Jintian. Calculating, he must have seen him before.

Seeing that Lu Bai was interested, Xiao Zhao took the opportunity to say something.

"Uncle Lu was the city's top scorer, and your mother's grades were also good, and she was the second best in liberal arts. They both went to the same university, and Uncle Lu came back with a scholarship every year. During the holidays, he would give lectures to us kids. Let's bring candy."

"He is a very good person. And your mother also has a very gentle personality. She is very good at cooking, her cooking is delicious, her voice is nice, and she is also very patient with children like us."

Speaking of this, Xiao Zhao glanced at Lu Bai and said, "You and your parents are very similar. You pick the best part of their facial features."

The three of them talked all the way and soon arrived at the village chief's house.

Just like Xiao Zhao said, Lu Bai's body perfectly embodies the excellence of that couple. The village chief recognized him as soon as he saw his face.

"Good boy, you've come back to recognize me!" Holding Lu Bai's hand, the village chief's eye circles turned red.

The village chief's surname is also Lu, and he and Lu Bai's father are barely relatives in the fifth server. I also grew up watching Lu Bai's father. I never expected that so many things would happen next.

"This is the key to the house. The things inside have been kept well over the years. My daughter will go and take care of it every now and then."

"At that time, your aunt sent you away, and the villagers poked you in the spine and scolded you. That bastard was so cruel. I didn't dare to tell the truth. I was afraid that he would take the things away."