Chapter 2

Y/N's POV

It's Saturday morning. The Royals play at their home stadium, Rio Tinto, in a few hours and I haven't tried to contact Christen yet. What am I supposed to say to my ex fiancée? "Oh hey I'm back, how are you?"

If anything, Christen probably hates me. As a matter of fact, I'm sure she does. I do own up to my mistakes and I know I made a lot when I was with her. We both did. That relationship, it was everything. Good, bad, healthy, unhealthy, filled with love, and sadly, it was kind of toxic.

We started dating really young. I don't think either of us saw the relationship lasting as long as it did or getting as serious as it did. We were kids. Foolish teens that were attracted to each other. We were good for a long while. Things just went bad rather too quickly for my liking.

Two sixteen year old kids, not knowing fully what love is. Just doing what their little hearts desired. We were dumb in love (not drunk, hehe maybe I was). I did things I regretted and I wish I could take those things back. I know those things really threw a wrench in our relationship.

I finally got up exiting the guest room in Kelley's apartment to begin my morning routine. Kelley got me passes to tonight's game so I decided to bring along one of my best friend from the Marine Corps. Walking into the kitchen, I see a note on the counter.

"Had to meet up with the team, do NOT flake on the game tonight! Left some food in the fridge for you! BE ON TIME SOLDIER!

                  Love, Kelley a.k.a. Your Favorite Person In Da World"

I chuckled to myself as I read the note. I realized I was asleep for a long time. I decided to head to base to pick up my assignment for the week if I even had one and pick up my friend. Today was going to be a long day.

. . .
CHRISTEN's POV

"That's all I have for you but, let's have a great game today ladies!" Laura excitedly addressed the team before we were set to take on the Thorns. 

I couldn't wait to play tonight. Not just because I'm playing against my- I don't know what to call Tobin right now, but Portland is a great team and I love challenges.

I was fired up and ready to go. Leaving the stadium, I drove to pick up Braelynn from her schools daycare.

"Mommy, are we going to work tonight?"
Braelynn made a smile appear on my face. She refers to my job as work. I can already tell, my daughter is going to be a soccer head. She's starting young.

"Yes we're going to work, you'll be sitting with aunty Lindsey since she can't play today."
"Will she get me ice cream?"
"You can ask her when we get to the stadium."

Braelynn had a goofy grin written upon her face. It reminded me of Y/n's. It's the same grin she'd give me whenever she was really excited about some news she was informing me about.

Arriving back at the stadium, I headed into the locker room after dropping Brae off to Horan. Kelley, Taylor, Becky, and Amy were talking amongst themselves and when I got closer, they suddenly stopped their conversation.

"Okay, why are you ladies acting like high school girls right now? What's up? Did someone do something to my uniform? Something happen to Tobin? Am I not start-"