Chapter 41

Christen's POV

I snuggled closer to Y/n. Taking in her scent. Looking at her as she peacefully slept. I could barely sleep last night unless I felt Y/n's touch. Gosh, I'll miss her. She's my everything. She completes my family.

I looked at the time seeing it was 8 in the morning. I began to pepper kisses on her face and her neck before she began to stir in her sleep.

"Good morning." I slightly smiled at her which she returned.
"What time is it?" She years stretching out her arms.
"8:15, you have to get ready at 9."
"So why didn't you let me sleep until 9?" She chuckled.

"Well, your leaving for a while and I think it'd be a great idea if you let me jump your bones before you have to get ready since it'll be the last time for a while... or so I hope."

Y/n smiles at me rubbing my back.
"Well you know what would've been better to wake up to?"
"Hmm?" I mumble.
"You sucking my-"
"Ookay shut up." I laugh cutting her off.
"I love you, Chris."
"Don't say it like that."

"Say it like what?"
"Like you're leaving me forever."
"You're freaking out for no reason. I'm going to be fine, I told you I'll always come running home to you. You know what. I have two kids to take care if, I'm going to come back. So, with that being said, lay down so I can get some action in."

. . .

Y/N POV

The family and I were going out to breakfast before they take me to the loading zone. Christen and Braelynn both have not let go of me. Braelynn's made me carry her everywhere and Christen won't let me stop holding her hand.

Our food arrived at the table and we were all going to dive in when Stacy stands up tapping her glass with her fork.

"I know we haven't seen eye to eye in a very long time Y/n but, I just wanted to tell you how much I respect you for turning things around. I can see how much you love our daughter. How much she means to you and how much your child means to you. You are a family woman and for you to be leaving your family, I can see it did not come without a lot of thought. I wish you the best and I hope you stay safe there and return home safely where you belong."

"Thank you." I say as we all clink glasses but before anyone could say anything, Tyler stands up making Christen roll her eyes.

"I just wanted to say, with our differences aside and our issues put to rest, I wish you the best and I know you'll be great out there."

We clink glasses again and I looked at Christen.
"I'm not saying anything, I gave you sex, I win." She whispers.

Our moods began to shift when we looked at the time. It was time to head to the loading zone. We drove straight there after breakfast and were immediately surrounded by families saying goodbye. Some people crying, some smiling, some looking absolutely terrified.

I saw Zoey standing with Josie and immediately walked over to her.
She quickly embraced me in a hug while Josie hugged Christen and Braelynn and said hi to Chris' family.

"Ready?" Zoey asks.
"I'm ready but it's a little harder this time around."

"Can we talk about how cute you both look in your uniforms?" Josie chimes in making Chris laugh.
"Cute? We look professional." Zoey crosses her arms over her chest.

"Hey can we talk?" Tyler asks and I look at Christen who nods her head yes before I walk away with Tyler. We went on the side of one of the trucks and she fiddled with her fingers.

"What's up?" I ask.
"I just wanted to apologize for my behavior. I shouldn't have went behind Christen's back and told you how I was feeling. I should've took a step back and thought about everything instead of blowing it up into some huge situation. I know it's put a wrench in my relationship with my sister but, I'll fix that. In the mean time, I just wanted out to know I really am sorry."
"It's okay Ty. I forgive you."
"Wait... I know you're with my sister but I really need you to know that, I'm human. These feelings don't just go away. They did when I realized you weren't coming back the first time. Then you came back and showed up in California with Chris and you took my breath away."

"Sorry?"
"No don't apologize. I just want you to know how hard you make it for me to be around you. I'm going to try my hardest to get over you but if I can't, so be it."
"Nice chat, Ty." I smiled before attempting to walk away.

Tyler just stared at me before leaning in. Before I could react her lips were on mine and I heard my baby's voice.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" Christen shoves Tyler and I grab my girlfriend before anything could escalate.
"Stop, babe."
Tyler didn't say anything she just stared at Christen.
Christen's hand reaches up smacking Tyler.
"You're a fucking slut and a backstabber. Stay the fuck away from my family."

Tyler quickly walks away before Christen turns to me.
"Please tell me you didn't kiss her back."
"I didn't. Of course I didn't."
"Good."

We walk back over to everyone and the time for me to leave begins to close in on us.
I had Braelynn on my waist and Christen by my side.

"I got you something." Chris says.
"Is it a ring?!"
"No y/n you have to propose to me. I got you a locket necklace."

She puts it around my neck. It was in the shape of a heart. Engraved on the front was "Forever & Always" and when I opened it, there was a picture of Christen and Braelynn.
"Aww thanks babe."
Christen smiles at me before I hug her again. 

Our commanding officer blew his whistle signaling it was time to load up. .
I turn to Christen who now had tears in her eyes.
"Baby don't cry, I'll be back before you know it."
"I don't want you to leave, I just got you back." Christen replied before embracing me and crying onto my shoulder.
Braelynn rested her head on my other shoulder holding me tight.

"I love you both okay?" I hug and kiss them both before kissing Christen again.
I hand Braelynn over to Chris and head to the plane.

Christen's POV

Watching my girlfriend, the love of my life walking away. Getting on a plane. Leaving to one of the most dangerous parts of the world, it hurt. I can't imagine life without her... again at least.

We headed back home in silence and I grew angry. What began to replay in my head was Tyler kissing my girlfriend. 

When we got back to my place, I put my sleeping daughter in her bed, closing the door before putting Y/n's sweatshirt on and heading to the living room.

"You had no right pulling that shit you pulled. This time, I mean it. Get the fuck out of my apartment, Tyler!" I yelled startling my parents and Channing.

"Christen I can explain." Tyler pleads.
"How do you explain kissing my girlfriend?! You're a snake and I don't want you around my daughter or in my house. Go home and get the fuck out of here."

"Our flights font leave until tomor-"
"Figure your own shit out and leave." I said though gritted teeth.

"Christen-"
My mom begins before I headed back to my bedroom shutting the door.

A/n: Andddd Y/n is gone :) alsoooo Tyler and Christen drama sparked back up. 🤍🤍🤍