Chapter 12

CHRISTEN's POV

"Good morning." I say to Tobin as I walked into my kitchen. Braelynn sat at the dining room table alone eating her cereal as she hummed to a song.
Tobin stood with her back against the counter sipping on coffee not even addressing my presence.

"Good morning, poodle." I say giving my daughter a kiss on her cheek. She sends me a smile and Tobin walks back to my room.
I groan following her and shutting my door.

"Tobs, are we okay?"
"Yeah, why wouldn't we be? You said last night wasn't anything and that you two were just watching a movie."
"But do you believe that? Or are you just saying that because you don't want us to have a fight."

Tobin took a moment. She paused not saying anything to me. "Chris, I said we're okay. You told me that you two were watching a movie and I believe you because I trust you and I don't think you're an idiot. You aren't like that. You wouldn't cheat on me."

"Well it wouldn't necessarily be cheating because I'm not your-"
"Doesn't matter. We've established that this is clearly more than a friendship. I don't have sex with my other friends. Now, is there something you're trying to tell me?"
I stayed silent debating within if I should tell her the truth.

"Look, Chris, I love you, I really do. We just don't need to say that we're in a relationship. But if that's what you want, just tell me that. I just want you to be happy with me, with us because you have my heart."

Well, I'm not telling her now.

How am I supposed to break her heart after that? The universe hates me.

. . .

Y/N's POV

"So how'd everything go last night?" Zoey and I sat together in my living room talking.
"Well, things were great and then while Chris and I were watching a movie, her girlfriend or whatever came in."
"WE'RE YOU TWO NAKED?! WATCHING PORN?!"
"No, what is wrong- nevermind. No but she was like cuddling with me when her whatever walked in."
"She's so into you."
"No she isn't, that's just how she is when watching movies with anyone."
"Yeah and I'm guessing she just keeps everyone's hoodies too right?"
"If you're trying to get at a point of her liking me, throw it away. Christen and I are done for, plus, I have Michelle."

Speaking of the devil... I mean my beautiful angel of a girlfriend.

I opened the front door after getting a text that she was here. "Okay Zoey you gotta go. I'll see you tomorrow."
Zoey smiles at Michelle before walking to the opened door. Michelle heads to my kitchen and Zoey makes a gagging noise before I closed the door.

"I've missed you so much." Michelle says before attaching her lips to mine.
"I missed you too. What are you doing here?"
"Is it a crime to see my girlfriend?"
"No but, you could've I don't know called first?"

"What's the fun in a surprise if I call you."
"I-"
"Anyway, I was thinking, since you're free today and I'm free today, we could have some us time."
"But I'm kind of tired."
"It's the least you could do after declining me all day yesterday."
"I was busy yesterday."
"Every second of the day?"

"Pretty much. Look, I don't have to explain myself and what I do with my time to you. First you were being selfish and rude when I told you I couldn't spend time with you because I'd be with my daughter and now you're being annoying and you're upset over me not answering my phone because I was with my daughter yesterday. I already told you who's the top priority in my life."

"I'm not upset over you spending time with your daughter. I'm upset that you were alone with her mother. I have friends with kids and they told me they saw you alone with Christen. Braelynn nowhere in sight."

I began to laugh at her dumb antics. "So what are you trying to accuse me of?"
"Did you have sex with Christen?"
"Are you serious?"
"Answer the question."
"I did have sex with Christen, how else would Braelynn have entered the world."
"Y/n, I'm being serious. Did you have sex with her last night?"
"Do you really believe I'd do that? Oh wait, probably so. What was it your friend called me? A fuck girl? A hoe?"
"I didn't agree with it."
"But you laughed and didn't say shit about it but you know who did? Christen. I don't know why you have anything against her. We're done. We have been for years. The only thing that's keeping us in contact is our child. So stop being so insecure and get your head out of your fucking ass. It's unattractive. So, you can either continue this conversation and leave or drop it and move onto another topic."

Michelle sat on the couch dumbfounded.

. . .

CHRISTEN's POV

"Great job today ladies. Make sure you're packed up and ready to go tomorrow morning so we can get on our flight." Laura says before walking out of our locker room.

I showered and slipped into Y/n's Thrasher Hoodie. I have yet to give it back to her but she also hasn't asked for it so I'll just sport it until then.

No, I still haven't told Tobin the truth but come on, who would want to break her heart. She's so sweet and caring. She's like the perfect girlfriend but, it's kind of like she's too perfect and I need some bad girl/feisty action in my life and I know I'll get that with Y/n. I need someone that gives me an adrenaline rush, can scare me shitless, but at the same time love me like there's no one else in the world and keep me safe.

If you ever asked me to describe "my type" or "my perfect girl" I'd be describing Y/n to you. That's exactly what she is to me. Perfect.

"When'd you buy that?" ARod asked as I grabbed my bag. "It's Y/n's." Kelley says. "Ooh is that back on?"
"No, she just let me borrow it a few nights ago."

As I'm walking towards the exit, Michelle calls me making Kelley and I come to a stop.
"Yes?"
"Where'd you get that?" Michelle asked pointing at Y/n's hoodie. Here comes jealous girlfriend.
"Why?"
"Simple question, Press."
"None of your business Maemone."
I could just slap her in the face and call it a day but that wouldn't be nice. She annoys my soul.

"Just a simple question. Is it my girlfriends hoodie or is it not?"
Kelley mumbles under her breath for me to not fall for her bait.

"It is hers, now if you would excuse me, I have places to be."
"Why do you have it?"
"Why do you care, Michelle? She wouldn't let you wear it? Is that why? Is it because she took it off her back and gave it to me to wear? You're so wrapped up in yourself and trying so hard to force a relationship to work that, newsflash, will never work, to work. I suggest you get over yourself. It's just a hoodie."

As I turn around and begin to walk out with Kelley Michelle yells out again.
"Why don't you just admit it already?! That you're in love with my girlfriend. Your loss Chris, I got her. All to myself."
"Who cares if I do want her or don't. Like I've said before, you don't know me or what I'm capable of. You know what? I would think twice about you thinking you have her."
Walking closer to Michelle. I whisper only loud enough for her to hear. "I mean, we did have sex the other night. You sure you got her?"

I walked away smirking as Michelle stood there stunned.
"What'd you tell her?" Kelley asks as we head to my car.
"Nothing, just told her to watch her back."

A/n: You're all deserving of a double update! Poor Tobin though, her world might start falling apart :( but Christen 👀 How do you think Michelle is going to process what Chris just told her? Will word spread around the league about what Christen just said? 👀

I love leaving y'all with cliffhangers if you couldn't tell 😈