Chapter 7

CHRISTEN's POV

I knocked on the door to Y/n's apartment waiting for her to answer. Hopefully Michelle isn't here. I don't think I could handle it without going off on her. I know what you're thinking, it has nothing to do with Y/n and I.

It has more to do with the fact that Michelle is my teammate and knows I was with Y/n for a very long time and we even have a kid together. Don't you think that's a bit I don't know, disrespectful?

Y/n came to the door without a shirt on and her hair in a bun. "Hey sorry I was in the kitchen."
It smelled really good. Y/n, she looked really good.

She let me in closing the door behind me. "Hi mommy!" Braelynn said as I came into view in the living room.
"I was just making Braelynn and I some lunch if you want I can make you something too."
"No I-"
"Mommy yes, please."
"Fine."

I sat at the island as Y/n had her back to me at the stove. I took the time to admire her. It brought me back. Just being in her presence. I was in love with her. Things would've worked out. I'd be married. Possibly would've had another kid.

FLASHBACK: 6 years ago

"Taste this."
Y/n held a fork up to my mouth. I blew on the pot roast she made with whatever we had in the fridge. "Babe, that's actually really good."
"Come on you know I throw down in the kitchen. But it's not completely finished. So, I'll let that continue in the slow cooker."

"Wait give me another piece. That was really good."
Y/n smirks staring at me.
"You know what else tastes really good?"
"What?"
"You."
I raise my eyebrow at her giving her a small smile.

She still makes me nervous around her. I still get butterflies and that's how I know, she's the one for me. My soul mate. The love of my life.

Y/n came behind me picking me up out of the chair and carrying me to our bedroom. She laid me in the bed as she hovered over me.
I began to giggle as she placed small kisses on my neck.

She came back up, meeting my lips. Leaning in close, she places a soft kiss on my lips. Wanting more, I pull her back in for a slow yet passionate kiss. Y/n goes back down.

Just as I thought she was going to go all the way down to pleasure me, she stops. She props herself up on her elbow laying by my stomach. I grabbed my phone deciding to record her. She rides my shirt up.
"Hey you!"
Y/n looks up at me smiling. "Do you think they can hear me?"
"Babe, does it matter?"
"Yeah I don't want to talk to your stomach- actually I know they can hear me."

I smiled at the goofball.
"You know, your mom and I are really excited to see you. I know we don't know what you are yet but, it doesn't matter. I know I'll love you more than anything else in the world and I'll always protect you. You'll always be my number one priority. Everything I do, will be for you."
She leans over kissing my belly.
"Also, your mommy, ya know, the one who's carrying you right now, she's really hot. Like really hot. But, I'm telling you this now, that's my lady. All mine. I'm gonna marry her one day. I promised her that I'd always take care of her and you. Oh and don't tell her this but, soon, that promise ring will be an engagement ring. I love you."

Y/n kisses my belly again. I turned my phone off as tears welled in my eyes. "What's wrong?"
I sniffle as I spread my arms for her to come lay with me. "You're really adorable."
"Says my hot baby mama."
"I really can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

End of Flashback

"Chris, here."
I looked up into her eyes. "You good?"
"Yeah, I- nothing."

I couldn't stop staring at her. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Everything about her. Her beautiful eyes. Her smile. Her voice. I missed the feeling of-

Shut up Chris.

Braelynn made Y/n put on The Princess And The Frog but fell asleep midway. "We should talk."
Y/n says looking over at me.
"No we shouldn't."

"Christen, there's too many things that were left unsaid. There's too many things that happened within our relationship that we need to talk about. You can continue to put up this front but I know you still care. If you want closure so we can just focus on coparenting then we need to talk."

"I don't recall saying I wanted closure."
"So you don't?"
"Didn't say that either."
"I can't read your mind Christen. Talk. This is the perfect time for you to ask me the things you always wanted to ask me."

I can't do it. I know it'll turn into a crying fest/ yelling match. Then again, she's right. No other time better than now. She's here. Here to stay apparently.

"Why?"
"Why what?"
"Why'd you leave us?"
"Do we have to start there?"
"Y/n just answer the question."
"When you cheated on me, I felt like that was your way of saying you were done. I could barely look at you at that time without feeling anger."

"Okay but the DNA test, do you know how much that hurt me? You took my virginity yet you thought that I was that much of a hoe that Braelynn could've been anyone else's but yours."
"I needed to make sure."
"Y/n why would I even make you think she was your daughter without knowing for sure?"
"Hmm I don't know maybe the fact that at that point we had been in a relationship for 3 years."

"I wouldn't have done that to you."
"I know that now..."

It got quiet as Y/n fiddled with her fingers.
"Did you ever hate me?"
I looked up at her not wanting to answer that.
"No, as much as I wanted to or knew I should have. You hurt me. Mentally, emotionally, physically. When you-"

I began to choke up on my tears. Even thinking about that time hurts.

"When you hit me that night after you went out with your friends and I had some friends over, I felt so worthless. You made me feel like you didn't love me anymore. You got so cold hearted. I didn't know you anymore and it hurt so bad because I was hopelessly in love with you. I didn't want to lose you so I did whatever I could to make you stay. I lost me in the process Y/n. You took part of me when you left."

I could tell my words hurt her. She looked down at her lap. She put her hand on my knee making me tense up. I looked into her eyes as she stared at me.
"I'm so sorry. Chris, I need you to know, I- I'm really sorry. I would never- I didn't mean to hurt you as bad as I did. I was hurt. We were doing things and I wanted things to be perfect like they were before I just wish I handled things differently. I'm really sorry."

I scooted next to her hugging her. Her apology was sincere. I could see it in her eyes. We both lost ourselves at that time. It created an unhealthy atmosphere.

Y/n and I both had tears streaming down our faces.
"I just wish you never left Y/n. I knew we could've worked things out."
Y/n rubbed my back soothing me but backs away.

"Chris, be honest, please. Do you still love me?"

"Mommy." A sleepy Braelynn came out of the room rubbing her eyes with her stuffed bear in hand. I stood up wiping any tears still left.
"We should get going Braelynn." I grabbed her items and headed towards the door. Opening it, I let Braelynn go out before me.

"Chris."
Y/n reaches for my hand.
"See you later." I say walking out and closing the door behind me. What's going on with me.

A/n: Christen 👀 what do y'all think is happening next?!