Chapter 15

CHRISTEN'S POV

"Okay, slow down, back up, rewind, reverse uno card."
"Kelley, this is serious."
"I know I know. Just trying to shine some light in the darkness. So go over again what happened?"
"I already told you like three times."
"But I'm just trying to grasp why you would do something so, I don't know, stupid?!"

"It was the spur of the moment."
"Chris that doesn't-"
"You told me that Y/n wasn't as in to Michelle as I thought she was!"
"Well that's what it looked like! I'm sorry! But why are you listening to my input on that. They're the only two that knew what was really going on inside of their relationship."

Kelley was right. Either way, it was wrong of me. It was selfish and I'm upset with myself for that. I shouldn't have done it. Nothing can justify it.

"The stupid things ya do for love."
"Kelley, I'm afraid she's going to leave again."
"She wouldn't do that again. Braelynn is older now, she knows what's going on kind of. This time she'll really ask questions. So if Y/n is smart, she won't do it again."

"When she walked out, it made me think back to that day, when she came home. Back when we were at Stanford."
"The day you cheated with Lucas?"
"Yeah, well it was the day after but still. The look on her face, she was broken and I did that to her."
"Okay wrong moment but, Lucas had some balls going to your apartment with your panties in his hand holding them up like a prize"
"Dude, he looked like a deer in headlights when he saw Y/n at the door."

"I'm still surprised to this day she didn't deck him in the face."
"Oh trust me, she probably wanted to. I mean I'm sure she wanted to hit me too." I mumbled the last bit.
"Are you mentally ready for a relationship with her again? Like if things were to smooth over. You two could be totally different people now. Are you recovered fully? Are you ready to handle that?"

"I think so. I mean, it wouldn't hurt to try but, it won't happen right now. She doesn't want anything to do with me."

.  .  .

Y/N POV

Zoey and I were in my bed listening to music and she pauses it.
"You're so, I don't know, distant? What's going on?"
"Nothing I'm just a bit tired."
"Nope, I spent 3 years with you on deployment. You can't lie to me. It's either Christen or you're thinking about your contract. Or both."

"Neither."

"Y/n it's Christen. I can tell. Are you still thinking about the whole incident with Michelle? I mean if anything, you kind of dodged a bullet. Michelle was trying to do too much, she wanted to be the center of attention, she wanted you to put your daughter off. You dodged a bullet. Yeah, Christen was wrong but, can you blame her? You're her first love and yes, that was low of her but, she's willing to fight for you. The woman even stood up for you when your own girlfriend wouldn't. That's real love and you know it. I'm not condoning what she did but, try to look at things from her perspective."

Letting that all soak in I folded my arms over my chest. Zoey has a point but, Christen literally broke up my relationship for her own selfish reasons. I love Christen, I do, but, I was happy with Michelle.

"Okay, Y/n. Have you thought, I don't know, maybe the reason you're really upset is because you know deep down that you're still in love with Christen and because everything came to surface you're afraid? Michelle was only a cover up. We all knew that. It's time to face your truth. Things were left unsaid, feelings were left behind because you ran away all those years ago but, yes you had your reasons. Don't think I didn't see you whipping out that picture of Christen and Braelynn and kissing it before we'd get called out on a mission. You love her and she loves you so stop being a dufus."

"We've done that before. I can't do it again. I put her through so much, I hurt her. A lot. Physically, mentally, emotionally. She deserves better and she has better but she's just blinded."
"And yet she still wants you. She knows the real you. She knows who you are and that's probably what she's really focused on."
"Zoey, I don't think it's a good idea."
"Why? Because of the past? Dude you've matured, a little bit at least, but still. You know yourself. You know your limits. Be better for her, for Braelynn and, for yourself. Go get your girl."

. . .

A/n: FILLER CHAPTER 😈😈😈