Chapter 36

Y/N POV

Ever since I told Christen about me getting deployed, things have been pretty weird. She told me I wasn't allowed to tell Braelynn yet because she wants us to be okay and doesn't want our daughter to freak out. Which is understandable.

I've been trying so hard to not fuck up in any other way. Christen is pregnant with my child again and I'm leaving for lord knows how long. I could end up missing the rest of the pregnancy.

My bag was packed and put away in the closet with new uniforms and my equipment except for my guns of course. Can't have those laying around the apartment.

Christen's family of course was still here and still annoying the living hell out of me. I adored her family once upon a time and they adored me until I fucked up. Christen and I both moved on and it's time they do too.

I had a meeting today going over leaders and who's assigned to who. I hope for my sake, Zoey and I aren't split up because both of our girlfriends will flip their shit. I also have to tell Christen about the meeting she has to go to to prepare her for my deployment. The last time I got deployed, before I left, I witnessed the women and families leaving that meeting and they were in tears yet, I know nothing of what goes on during the meeting.

Walking out of the bedroom, I bump into Tyler. The rest of the family went out grocery shopping because Christen is set on cooking a big dinner for the family tonight and they just wanted to get out of the apartment. Tyler didn't go with unfortunately.

"Why do you have a bag full of military shit packed up?" She asked staring at me.
"Why do you care, Tyler?"
"Are you planning on going MIA on my sister again because if you are, I will end you."

"What's your problem with me Tyler?" I questioned her.
"You broke my sisters heart and left her to take care of your daughter together. How do you not know that?"
"No, I know that, what's your real problem with me. You stopped liking me before that."
"Don't worry about it, don't you have somewhere to go?"

"Tyler, seriously. Christen is annoyed and bothered with how you interact with me and so am I. Just tell me what I did wrong so I can fix it because I don't want to be apart of a family who's stuck in the past and when they look at me only sees my mistakes. Let's be adults."

"Like I said, nothing to say other than you broke my sister."
"Dude, she's perfectly fine now, we're even back together. If I broke her that bad then we wouldn't be having another child now would we?"
"Whatever."

Tyler begins to walk back to the guest room when it pops in my head.

FLASHBACK

I walked around the house party looking for my friends when I bump into a girl somewhat shorter than me.

"Sorry, I didn't see you there." I say looking down. The girl smiles at me before telling me it was okay.
"I'm Y/n." I say sticking my hand out before the shorter girl shakes it.
"Tyler, you look a little too young to be here."
"Ehhh I wouldn't say so."
"Do you go to Chadwick?"
"Yeah, you?"
"Yeah I'm a senior. I think I've seen you-"
"Probably, I hang with the jocks."

Just as I spotted my friends, one of my favorite songs came on.
"Oh shit, excuse my French but, you have to dance with me." I smiled sticking my hand out for Tyler to grab.
"I don't dance."
"Oh come on. I'll guide you."
Tyler smiled before taking my hand.

I placed my hands on her waist as she wrapped her arms around my neck. She looked into my eyes and I felt like I was in a trance. Cool, I'm totally getting laid by a senior.